Gambler challenges

Kormath

Ok so y'all were right, while not the hardest challenges these are by far the most frustrating.

I have now played a total of (since I started keeping track just to see anyway) 318 hands since I got my first winning 3 hit hand. 

Couple other stats on this just for fun -

the player before me has hit 3 or more times in one hand 16 times.

I've lost 9 hands with 3 hits in this 318 count (and climbing).

The player before me is retarded and hits, taking my low cards when he'd be safe not to hit, so I then bust on the 2nd hit but could have completed a 3 hit hand and won 5 times.

Which is probably what caused these stats lol

57 players have been shot in the forehead

24 players have been shot in the chest

13 dealers have been shot in the forehead

11 tables have been blown up by Dynamite causing 44 possible deaths (if the 3 players and dealer all died)

Arthur has died 3 times in blackjack related shootouts

Yes this is all in Van Horn, since I can't use weapons in Rhodes.  And I've had better luck with the dealers in Van Horn.  Wonder if it's from them knowing about their predecessors?

Edited by Kormath
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Hazed0NE said:

The gambler ones are insanely tedious but like X S mentioned, you basically just made it harder for yourself by killing the NPCs. Wait until after you get through it to unleash your anger and frustration lol

i can only stand to sit and play cards for like an hour at a time, maybe 90 minutes if it's going well.  then i get bored and have to go do something else.  I only kill the others if they do stupid stuff like taking my cards repeatedly.  I tend to mostly play first base though.  So i'll play for an hour or so, then go hunt, or fish, or whatever, then go back and play more later, may or may not kill them all when i leave :)  

It keeps my honor in the red to off set the missions and stuff that give you white.  And maybe i'll get some players that will play better so i can win.   

I did shoot the dealer last night, but that's after playing for an hour or so and finally getting a 4 hit hand (started with 3/13 and hit it up to 19) and then the dealer hits twice and gets a 20.

Edited by Kormath
  • Like 1

Too bad they didn't scrap the stupid dominoes game and replace it with what was the most popular Saloon game in the Old West-FARO. That would have opened up a lot of new opportunities/storylines...making money as a crooked Faro dealer or attempting to cheat at the game, etc.  It isn't a hard game to learn...easier than dominoes, I think. I own a Faro board and a group of us here get together and play every Tuesday night!

On 12/15/2018 at 10:51 AM, pulseox said:

Too bad they didn't scrap the stupid dominoes game and replace it with what was the most popular Saloon game in the Old West-FARO. That would have opened up a lot of new opportunities/storylines...making money as a crooked Faro dealer or attempting to cheat at the game, etc.  It isn't a hard game to learn...easier than dominoes, I think. I own a Faro board and a group of us here get together and play every Tuesday night!

Agreed, i would have enjoyed Faro much more than dominos, but then you gotta consider the audience here.  I'd bet 95% have never heard of Faro, maybe more.  Poker is much more widely known, and replaced Faro around the turn 19th century, and probably why they didn't use it.  

On 12/10/2018 at 6:09 PM, Kormath said:

i can only stand to sit and play cards for like an hour at a time, maybe 90 minutes if it's going well.  then i get bored and have to go do something else.  I only kill the others if they do stupid stuff like taking my cards repeatedly.  I tend to mostly play first base though.  So i'll play for an hour or so, then go hunt, or fish, or whatever, then go back and play more later, may or may not kill them all when i leave :)  

It keeps my honor in the red to off set the missions and stuff that give you white.  And maybe i'll get some players that will play better so i can win.   

I did shoot the dealer last night, but that's after playing for an hour or so and finally getting a 4 hit hand (started with 3/13 and hit it up to 19) and then the dealer hits twice and gets a 20.

I get that. I mean I get bored too. I have been in poker tournaments where I was at the last table and just didn't care anymore about the money so I kept going all in lol I just wanted to be done with it. Very few things I can sit still and do while still enjoying it.