Jump to content

Sharpshooter 9


Kormath
 Share

Recommended Posts

Any tips?Read somewhere there's

Spoiler

 

3 guys at the train station in Valentine standing together, I only ever see 2 and only one has a hat.

Read somewhere else to go to St. Denis and shot the large hats off the townsfolk, but every time I do that the dead eye Mark is on their head and I kill them.

 

Maybe I'm not far enough in the game yet and I'm missing something with deadeye?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you able to mark your own targets yet? Eventually (through story missions) you unlock new abilities with dead eye. Anyways, if you are able to mark your own targets, dont use it. Instead just aim at the top of the hat and fire. If you can't mark your own targets yet then you should get that unlocked because its much better. I forget which mission unlocks it but it's fairly early in the story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, jihiro said:

Are you able to mark your own targets yet? Eventually (through story missions) you unlock new abilities with dead eye. Anyways, if you are able to mark your own targets, dont use it. Instead just aim at the top of the hat and fire. If you can't mark your own targets yet then you should get that unlocked because its much better. I forget which mission unlocks it but it's fairly early in the story.

Yep i can mark targets, you unlock that (level 2) in Chapter 2.  Not sure how i can complete this as when i mark the corner of a hat the mark shows on the guys forehead,  That's why i was wondering if there's more i need to unlock with Dead Eye. 

I can't just aim at the top of the hat and fire.  the challenge is to 

Spoiler

Shoot 3 hats off in the same dead eye

Looking at the dead eye levels the only other upgrades i have to get are level 3, from chapter 4, lets you stay in dead eye after shooting.  level 4 and 5 just show vitals, chapter 5 and 6.  I've only played part way through chapter 3, and have dead eye maxed at 8, so WTF? 

I gotta be missing something simple/stupid where i can't mark the hat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Kormath said:

Looking at the dead eye levels the only other upgrades i have to get are level 3, from chapter 4, lets you stay in dead eye after shooting.  level 4 and 5 just show vitals, chapter 5 and 6.  I've only played part way through chapter 3, and have dead eye maxed at 8, so WTF? 

I gotta be missing something simple/stupid where i can't mark the hat.

I was at a loss until you said that. The next unlock that you mentioned allows you to remain in dead eye after shooting, so you're able to shoot each target without marking it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Truth said:

I was at a loss until you said that. The next unlock that you mentioned allows you to remain in dead eye after shooting, so you're able to shoot each target without marking it.

Ah that's the trick then. Shoot somewhere, like a 4 person, then hit the hats after that while still in deadeye

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...