Campsite selection

Major Dammidge

Question

This is a pain in the ear hole. It seems I spend most of my online time riding and riding and riding to get to a post office, store or butcher. I missed the trapper in the middle of the woods and at other locations. Then I get notices that the freeloader that hangs out at my camp has moved my campsite, and when I visit a neutral campsite I can't get into the lock box to replenish my ammo / supplies. 

8 answers to this question

Here's the Crux: I was in the free roam mode and saw that my camp was all the way over by St. Denis. So I thought I would do the smart thing. I changed from free roam to the Lemoyne Roam. Expanded the map to see where my camp was and it was west of tumbleweed. You just can't win. 

7 hours ago, Major Dammidge said:

Here's the Crux: I was in the free roam mode and saw that my camp was all the way over by St. Denis. So I thought I would do the smart thing. I changed from free roam to the Lemoyne Roam. Expanded the map to see where my camp was and it was west of tumbleweed. You just can't win. 

No we cannot win. This game offering for online is broken.  RS will argue that the game is still a beta. Then lets hope they fix this, personally I want to see a major change to how the camp works. 

@The Coca-Cola Kid as WehTuFat, I paid $200 for a large camp for The Grey Hares Gang , and it was established in the area I selected. The next session, my camp was on the opposite end of the map. So as a  large camp purchaser, it's $5 to move the doggone thing (almost every session,). It's like buying a trailer home and somebody moving the trailer when you feel like going home and it's not there! 

18 minutes ago, Major Dammidge said:

@The Coca-Cola Kid as WehTuFat, I paid $200 for a large camp for The Grey Hares Gang , and it was established in the area I selected. The next session, my camp was on the opposite end of the map. So as a  large camp purchaser, it's $5 to move the doggone thing (almost every session,). It's like buying a trailer home and somebody moving the trailer when you feel like going home and it's not there! 

That sucks! Especially the $5!

On 12/23/2018 at 5:14 PM, dredd1961 said:

No we cannot win. This game offering for online is broken.  RS will argue that the game is still a beta. Then lets hope they fix this, personally I want to see a major change to how the camp works. 

Maybe even the ability to buy Farmsteads, cottages, wagons, trade livestock and better prices for selling owned/looted jewellery etc in the future. Fingers crossed.