After skinning animals

Mattadd

Question

After I skin an animal it's no longer showing me what I'm getting from said animal.  For example I just skinned a wolf and before it would tell me that I got a pelt, and meat and a wolf heart, but now none of that comes up.  Is there a reason it doesn't come up anymore? Can I fix it?

Edit: now that I've been playing a few minutes longer I've also noticed I'm getting perfect pelts off of animals I shouldn't be.  I just got a perfect pelt from a good buck and a perfect pelt from a poor deer.  So I'm guessing it must just be a bug.

Edited by Mattadd

6 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Mattadd said:

After I skin an animal it's no longer showing me what I'm getting from said animal.  For example I just skinned a wolf and before it would tell me that I got a pelt, and meat and a wolf heart, but now none of that comes up.  Is there a reason it doesn't come up anymore? Can I fix it?

Edit: now that I've been playing a few minutes longer I've also noticed I'm getting perfect pelts off of animals I shouldn't be.  I just got a perfect pelt from a good buck and a perfect pelt from a poor deer.  So I'm guessing it must just be a bug.

It is probably because you have maxed out on pelt, meat parts etc. If you have not maxed out, then it sounds like a glitch. If so report it to RS. 

3 hours ago, dredd1961 said:

It is probably because you have maxed out on pelt, meat parts etc. If you have not maxed out, then it sounds like a glitch. If so report it to RS. 

That was my thought as well, but those pelts go on your horse. I have never encountered a cap to how many pelts my horse can take...

@Mattadd if you don't normally do this, then completely exit the game and give it a fresh boot. 

27 minutes ago, Mattadd said:

I tried rebooting my PS4 to see if that would help.  It did not.

Simply rebooting won't clear the cache. On xbox you just have to exit the game. This is the PS4 equivalent:

On PS4:

1. Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller
  2. Select Turn Off PS4
  3. Let the PlayStation 4 fully power down and wait at least 30 seconds
  4. Restart the PlayStation 4
  5. Hold L1 + R1 while booting up the game

Additional Resources:

Sony PlayStation support: https://support.us.playstation.com/

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/115015433528/Clearing-the-Cache-on-your-Console

• Thanks 1