Hunting

ZathrasParadox

I am getting really ****ing tired of shooting a deer, bison, birds, pretty much everything in the head 6 times or more with the bolt action before it stays on the ground dead and doesn't get back up for another attempt to escape. Also vanishing carcasses is really ****ing annoying as well.

50 minutes ago, ZathrasParadox said:

I am getting really ****ing tired of shooting a deer, bison, birds, pretty much everything in the head 6 times or more with the bolt action before it stays on the ground dead and doesn't get back up for another attempt to escape. Also vanishing carcasses is really ****ing annoying as well.

sounds like a personal problem, or your'e hitting them in the neck instead of the head.  Bolt action rifle I've never had issues using while hunting, and I've crafted every item the Trapper will create minus the animal parts only found in New Austin.  I usually use the Springfield, but then i get bored of that one and switch to the bolt action.  I got my last 3 moose skins with the bolt action.  1 headshot is all it takes.  You could try for the vitals if your dead eye is leveled up enough, headshots are the only sure way to get a perfect pelt, miss a vital shot and you ruin the pelt, not as easy to miss a headshot, well it is but usually you just miss, not ruin the pelt.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DaveSpeek said:

Always make sure you hit the head of anything. The disappearing carcasses can be annoying. I noticed that happens more on some servers than others. I am sure they will fix that during the next update they do since a lot of players enjoy hunting. 

Ah you're talking about online.  Wish people would pay attention to what forum they're posting in :P  Could be any number of reason for online causes.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kormath said:

sounds like a personal problem, or your'e hitting them in the neck instead of the head.  Bolt action rifle I've never had issues using while hunting, and I've crafted every item the Trapper will create minus the animal parts only found in New Austin.  I usually use the Springfield, but then i get bored of that one and switch to the bolt action.  I got my last 3 moose skins with the bolt action.  1 headshot is all it takes.  You could try for the vitals if your dead eye is leveled up enough, headshots are the only sure way to get a perfect pelt, miss a vital shot and you ruin the pelt, not as easy to miss a headshot, well it is but usually you just miss, not ruin the pelt.

^This. Plus don't forget to clean your rifle as well. A dirty weapon is an ineffective one!