What captivated you about RDR2?

Major Dammidge

Question

For my money--

√ Scenery--Like being immersed in a post card, especially the thunderstorms. I was getting chills from the wintry scenes in the opening. 

✓ Animals-likenesses, movement, behaviors. I love the wolves. 

✓ I have to mention story, dialogue, and acting. 

4 answers to this question

On 1/19/2019 at 1:44 AM, Major Dammidge said:

For my money--

√ Scenery--Like being immersed in a post card, especially the thunderstorms. I was getting chills from the wintry scenes in the opening. 

✓ Animals-likenesses, movement, behaviors. I love the wolves. 

✓ I have to mention story, dialogue, and acting. 

Ditto for the postcard scenery. Agree with the mechanics of the game as well. Voice acting brilliant, dialogue mostly good. Narrative formulaic. No unexpected twists. Gameplay too linear. Had to play the game, Rockstar's way. Which at times became tedious. "ride here, do this, shoot those guys, escape." 

I'm only at 18% in so far but it needs to be the environment, dialogue at times doesn't seem quite engrossing sometimes, it's a little repetitive and non engaging.  But the landscape and wildlife is unheard of with the details, I couldn't imagine this in my wildest dreams even just 10 years back.

• Like 1

The visual look of it and being able to see what happened before RDR1. I wanted to know what shaped John into what he was so I really enjoyed that part. I won't say much more because of spoilers but that was the main selling points for me.

• Like 1