And here we are...

Xped

Hey,

Found this forum and all it's great info when searching the interwebs for RDR2 help.  Decided to finally join after lurking for a bit.

I'm not a young gamer but not too old (I hope) either.  Been playing games for longer than I can remember...maybe I am too old! :-)  Up until I received RDR2 for Christmas from my son, I was primarily a COD player who has gamed with the same group of guys since 2003 when Xbox Live first came out.  I have not played COD since Christmas! :-)

I love this game with all it's faults and glory. It's fantastic.

Was a little depressed after I finished the story as I didn't t want it to end.  It was like binge watching a series on Netflix and the emptiness left behind after seeing the final credits roll.  I didn't know how I'd feel about the online portion.  Even after finishing the game, I played as John Marston for over a week just finishing up this and that and to avoid trying online.  Finally decided to give it a try. Let me just say that the fun and enthusiasm to play has continued without skipping a beat.

Just approaching level 20 now and have enjoyed the journey.  Griefers?  I don't care much about. If it gets too out of hand, i always have the option to leave or find another area of the map to play in if I can get away. I can't say that I'm in any sort of PvP or PvE camp.  I enjoy the game for what it is right now and look forward to whatever it's going to be.  If I'm on and I'm hunting or fishing to earn some cash, I watch the radar a lot.  I actually enjoy the challenge of protecting my gatherings...part of the game, IMO.  I think this game allows you to play anyway you want...you just have to change your tactics depending on what you want to do.

Anyhow...too much to say in an intro! LOL

Welcome to the forum @Xped

I haven't played CoD in quite some time. The games went downhill for me. I first played in 04 I think. And don't worry about your age here, we have people in their 30's, 40's, and 50's on the forum. Kind of why I like it. More mature than other places.

22 minutes ago, jACKx said:

Welcome to the forum @Xped

I haven't played CoD in quite some time. The games went downhill for me. I first played in 04 I think. And don't worry about your age here, we have people in their 30's, 40's, and 50's on the forum. Kind of why I like it. More mature than other places.

Since 2004, I've been a member of a community of gamers called Xbox Mature Gamers (XMG).  The 'mature' part was not age related at all.

Our community has changed over time as the nature of online gaming has changed.  It's now just a facebook group but I still play with many of the group.

I'm approaching 51 now but can still deal quite a bit of damage in a game of hard core TDM in COD. LOL  As I get slower...I play smarter. 😉