25% off tonics.

MaryW

Question

Just as my PS4 was refusing to recognize discs rendering my RDO unplayable I heard on YouTube there's been an update. That's typical, I thought, an update whilst I'm lost in the wilderness. But it turned out to be 25% off certain tonics which wasn't too exciting as I never buy them.
My broken PS4 left me with some time to think.
Are they doing this to encourage people over to PvP because there are no decent updates on the way for many months and we're complaining of boredom?  "Then try PvP, that'll keep ya busy!"
One major gripe I've heard against PvP is that you have to use up your own resources and us free-roam grinders are a tight pocketed bunch. So maybe those cheap drugs will lure us in, lol. 
Or are they planning to spring an epic new PvE that'll knock our hats off and leave us running to the docs for some medicine?
Probably the former if either of them. Or most likely neither, I'm a simple man and find R* unfathomable.
It could be they're just gathering data on what items people would buy at this reduced price, for future economy tweaks.
It's certain though, that they did it for a reason. Hmmmmm!

PS I'm back on the saddle after downloading a copy...so up yours PS4 disc-reader! What next, a corrupted hard-drive?

5 answers to this question

I posted some of my thoughts about it in the thread below I created on the topic, but IMO this is no different than what they do with GTAO.  They always offer discounts on certain items, bonuses on missions / goods, freebies, etc.  This helps lure folks back into the online game and keeps regulars playing.  

In this particular case with the tonics, this special was implemented on the heels of an announcement of a new section on the Feedback site being added which includes Goods and Supplies.  As they stated:  "Please let us know which Tonics and Provisions you find most helpful, and any other constructive notes for us to consider. The official Red Dead Online Feedback website has now been updated with dedicated sections for Goods and Supplies: https://reddeadonline.com/feedback"

Cheers Kean. And how did I miss your thread cos I checked to see what had been written about it.
I blame a head-cold and general laziness :D

Edited by MaryW