Rifle Targeting Changed???

jacks1son

Right at the end of chapter 2, and on into chapter 3, it seems I can no longer sight multiple targets with pistols or rifles.  I can't set more than one shot under dead eye.  Am I doing something, my game, or is this just the way it progresses?

I am so happy to be on to chapter 3, thanks to help from this great forum.  Chapter 3 has such a bang, bang start I couldn't stop to catch my breath.  This is by far the coolest game I have ever played.

Let me know about this dead eye issue if you can.

Peace.

Jesse

2 hours ago, jacks1son said:

Right at the end of chapter 2, and on into chapter 3, it seems I can no longer sight multiple targets with pistols or rifles.  I can't set more than one shot under dead eye.  Am I doing something, my game, or is this just the way it progresses?

I am so happy to be on to chapter 3, thanks to help from this great forum.  Chapter 3 has such a bang, bang start I couldn't stop to catch my breath.  This is by far the coolest game I have ever played.

Let me know about this dead eye issue if you can.

Peace.

Jesse

should be able to, you dead gets better as you progress not worse.  make sure you're not using a single shot weapon.

5 minutes ago, jacks1son said:

I made I made no changes to my settings .  It no longer works with any pistol and the winchesters or the varmit gun I cannot shoot multiple shots.

I was wondering about this myself. It has been some time since I played single player and I hopped on the other day (I think it was Tuesday) to find that the guns and aim seemed off. I was going to contact Rockstar about it but I figured they changed something for the online end and it happened to affect offline maybe, who knows. 

24 minutes ago, Suck3rPunch3d said:

I was wondering about this myself. It has been some time since I played single player and I hopped on the other day (I think it was Tuesday) to find that the guns and aim seemed off. I was going to contact Rockstar about it but I figured they changed something for the online end and it happened to affect offline maybe, who knows. 

I'll have to check it out this weekend when i play again.  i haven't been in chapter 3 for months though, and I didn't notice it last weekend when i was playing the epilogue 2 missions.

4 hours ago, jacks1son said:

thanks fellas, my controller is fine on other games.  I guess that I will have to reset settings because I cannot line up multiple, red dot shots, while in focus mode.

you mean Dead Eye?  you have to unlock that ability  in chapter 2.  should have it though since you said you just started chapter 3.  settings reset will hopefully fix it for you.  You might also try exiting the game and powering off the console for 30 seconds or so if you're on Xbox.  I forget what to do to clear the cache on PS4, one too many beers at lunch, good thing it's just meetings the rest of my day ;)

I do use Xbox One.  I reset my settings - no change.  I will try powering off.  Hopefully it will come back.  On the bright side, I am getting real good at head shots.

Again, thanks for taking to time to help.  You are a good person.  I will look forward to more chats.  Take it easy.  Peace.

jesse

On 2/23/2019 at 4:00 AM, jacks1son said:

I do use Xbox One.  I reset my settings - no change.  I will try powering off.  Hopefully it will come back.  On the bright side, I am getting real good at head shots.

Again, thanks for taking to time to help.  You are a good person.  I will look forward to more chats.  Take it easy.  Peace.

jesse

for PS4 start the game, then after the initial splash page hold in both R1 and L1 until you get the darkness and screen calibration menu.