8 player raids !

Bucnation3139

I intentionally limited how much I delved into both betas.  Reason being, I pick my copy up next Monday (3-days early for the edition, and GameStop has a "get it at 9pm the day before" policy), so I didn't want to spoil too much of what would unfold once I got into it.

What I can say, based on my limited time with it this past weekend, is that it feels good.  The play mechanics were strong, a lot of the bugs from the closed beta got cleaned up, everything was noticably smoother, and the enemy AI is markedly improved from TD1.

It's not without flaws: the menu layout has been reconfigured and had buttons reassigned, which, for TD1 vets, is mildly annoying.  The sound mix on the guns and gunfire still feels "off"--too cartoonish.  They need more bass and resonance because, at least to my ears, they sound largely fake and over-processed.  I'm also curious as to the depth of the Agent Creation suite, and how exacting it is going to be.  The "randomized" options from both betas were completely underwhelming (which, to be fair, is understandable, if the goal was to test performance issues and mechanics), and I hope they allow for greater detail than TD1.  

The number if mins in the open world probably needs to be tweaked a bit.  Still feels too sparse.

I know it sounds like I'm nit-picking, but those things are small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.  It felt good overall, and I adored the story from the first one.  If that narrative is continued (and all indications are that it is) then I will be hard-pressed to allocate time to other games once I get my hands on it in a week.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I intentionally limited how much I delved into both betas.  Reason being, I pick my copy up next Monday (3-days early for the edition, and GameStop has a "get it at 9pm the day before" policy), so I didn't want to spoil too much of what would unfold once I got into it.

What I can say, based on my limited time with it this past weekend, is that it feels good.  The play mechanics were strong, a lot of the bugs from the closed beta got cleaned up, everything was noticably smoother, and the enemy AI is markedly improved from TD1.

It's not without flaws: the menu layout has been reconfigured and had buttons reassigned, which, for TD1 vets, is mildly annoying.  The sound mix on the guns and gunfire still feels "off"--too cartoonish.  They need more bass and resonance because, at least to my ears, they sound largely fake and over-processed.  I'm also curious as to the depth of the Agent Creation suite, and how exacting it is going to be.  The "randomized" options from both betas were completely underwhelming (which, to be fair, is understandable, if the goal was to test performance issues and mechanics), and I hope they allow for greater detail than TD1.  

The number if mins in the open world probably needs to be tweaked a bit.  Still feels too sparse.

I know it sounds like I'm nit-picking, but those things are small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.  It felt good overall, and I adored the story from the first one.  If that narrative is continued (and all indications are that it is) then I will be hard-pressed to allocate time to other games once I get my hands on it in a week.

100 % . as soon as I was done with tutorials and stepped into free roam I had 2 friends join my session saying the museum mission kicked there ass and needed me ! Well of course I'm going to oblige with starter weapons. We took it down but yea you will need a tight military minded bunch to be successful in this one I'm thinking. Love it so far. Robstar better get stepping or there will be no one riding horses soon ! Lol

i missed the beta, got the Gold Edition digital copy, saw the invoice in the email for it yesterday, so i'm like oh cool i can play but yesterday afternoon i still got the popup You're too early nah nah nah.  Might help if i read the email and see the release date huh?  :P  My favorite thing in The Division was the survival mode.  i beat the damn Hunter once solo.  was really proud about that till my son said "dad you suck i kill him every time".  THen i watched him, he killed the hunter and I was like "wow you do!" then a second hunter came up as he was almost at the rope and toasted him.  I had a good laugh.

And my son comes home for a few months this weekend;  can't wait to start playing The Division 2 with him next week!!

• Thanks 1