Mysterious writing in Blackwater

lumper

So, I was passing by and saw a mugging, I stepped in to stop it, and afterwards, as I was looting the body of the guy who had been robbing this couple, I found in an alley, in the dark, I could hit "inspect Mysterious writing" so I did.

All he wrote in his journal was some scribbling's almost like animal characters.

Here is a short video of John writing it his journal, has anyone else come upon this?

Edited by lumper

2 minutes ago, lumper said:

So, I was passing by and saw a mugging, I stepped in to stop it, and afterwards, as I was looting the body of the guy who had been robbing this couple, I found in an alley, in the dark, I could hit "inspect Mysterious writing" so I did.

All he wrote in his journal was some scribbling's almost like animal characters.

Here is a short video of John writing it his journal, has anyone else come upon this?

there's a few threads on this here somewhere in the forums,  don't think anyone yet has figured out what they're for, or if they're for anything.

I found this to, were you able to find mysterious writing in Saint Denis?

Spoiler

Because apparently that's connected to a vampire don't know if they're related I was wondering this myself

Edited by Dewy1314

Hmm, no I have not found any in St Denis but to be fair, I havent looked at all, I am in the epilogue and still havent found the vampire,I did in my previous play through but so far in this one, I just havent gotten around to it, and so I hadnt searched for other stuff, but now im interested to know more.

But I have to say, since you can find the writings and lead to the vampire in early chapters long before you have access to Blackwater, I dont think the mysterious writing has anything to do with the vampire, I think it has something to do with a whole other mystery.

Perhaps the people or person who was involved in the disappearance of the Blackwater Athletic club?

I dunno, but that is my first impression.

18 hours ago, Dewy1314 said:

Have you found the memorial to Arthur Morgan as a donor? Not the grave... I just did

I was thinking maybe Blackwater had a vampire as well or maybe once you have the ornate dagger you can read it? Just to guess

That is an interesting thought and I really havent explored Blackwater much at all, just run through it and to grab supplies occasionally.

Yes I went to the building that was renovated in St Denis and as I approached at night the lights all came up, the bell started to ring and John actually had some dialogue, he said, something about Arthur.

On 3/13/2019 at 1:39 PM, Dewy1314 said:

I have run through every Alleyway of Saint Denis running from the police officers and I haven't found a single set of the five writings...

the writing is pretty obvious in a couple spots and out of the way in two others. I went and found them all the other day and got the Vampire.

I took the vampire all over the place brought him into the police station etc.. nobody cared enough to give me a bounty , but they were freaked out enough to comment on it, lol it was funny, in the end I tried to feed him to a gator, but got eaten by one instead!! lol.

Even if you look up the locations and just give your self an idea of the general area of the writings, it is still tough to actually find them, I used rdr2map.com as a reference, I paid the $5 for the ability to add notes and stuff, so if I am watching a video and they find something interesting I want to check out, I can add a note to it and save it, so when I play again I can go have a look and I wont forget where things are, like the Amolite, I havent gotten it yet, but I know where it is.