How to save game in RDO?

zinussan50

I'm having disconnect problem since last few month. But it getting worse after last update. Constantly disconnect after few minute in session.

So, just want to discuss & asking if anyone know on how save game is create in RDO. I know the fact of exit RDO & resume in storymode will save.

But I want to know saving while in-game.

Here few of my test but not working 

-buy/sold item

-hunting /fishing 

-suicide / get kill

-story/stranger mission 

-change clothes 

Lately, it become annoying because whenever disconnect,  i'll be spawn at exact same location,  despite I already travel far away.

As for now, the only solution is travel to new location & join new session. But doing this really spoiled the mood. 

Thanks for reading this & hope y'all can share some info.

Edited by zinussan50

Hello, first and only post, but I suffer the 0x20010006 DC issue through my ISP too.

Before I get into the saves, if you can use your mobile as a hotspot, you may want to give it a try. My primary PS4 connection,100/10 DL/UL (typically runs against the cap, about 15-20% faster than advertised) is hardwired directly to a newer router and in the DMZ, then through a  cable modem operating as a bridge. It DCs CONSTANTLY, but when I use my mobile hotspot (wifi over LTE) instead, the DC issue goes away... Mind you, by every objective, quantifiable measure, my home ISP is VASTLY superior to my wireless service, which leads me to suspect there is some issue with P2P structure and certain ISPs (its DEFINITELY not a QoS issue).

Now, before I started using my mobile hotspot, since I had to live with constant DCs, I found ways to take advantage of a bad situation, mainly by learning what events created a save point. I gamed the sh*t out of the swamp bird plumes; selling items to a butcher is a save point, so I would sell in San Denis, go satchel hunt until the DC hit, then I would respawn back near the butcher, sell, repeat.

The save point would record your core levels (and your horse's cores), so I would always make sure they were good prior to a save event. 

Things I found that create a save point in free-roam (pre-update):

-Selling to butcher or doctor

-Mail pickup at P.O.

-Camp lockbox pickup

-Purchases at stores/stables/Cripps (don't remember the catalog working)

-Popping a new level

-Popping an achievement OR resetting an achievement 

-Purchasing or upgrading an Abilty Card (I never tested it, but I had a theory that swapping cards may do it as well)

-PvP kills or getting killed

-Clearing a hideout or surviving an ambush

-Getting eaten by an alligator 

I also remember that both gun cleaning and fast travel are NOT save points, so if you do either then DC, it basically flushes that money down the toilet.

Hope this helps!

Edited by nosaj122081
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, nosaj122081 said:

Hello, first and only post, but I suffer the 0x20010006 DC issue through my ISP too....

Wow....totally unexpected with perfect explanation. I would like to say thank you a lot for this. I am driving now, but will going thru your comment later.

Thanks again. Anyway,  don't make this the only post. Was hoping to hear from you again. 

3 hours ago, zinussan50 said:

Wow....totally unexpected with perfect explanation. I would like to say thank you a lot for this. I am driving now, but will going thru your comment later.

Thanks again. Anyway,  don't make this the only post. Was hoping to hear from you again. 

Absolutely ditto me in!!! Excellent post and needed contributor! Knowledge is power.

Thanks guys!

I thought a bit more about it, and remembered that achievements DON'T trigger a save... 

I don't know how I forgot this, because it was the best way to use constant disconnects to your advantage... Say I was 5 animals away from popping a hunting achievement, I go out, hunt enough to trigger and get the XP bonus... As long as a new save isn't triggered, next time I DC and then spawn back in, the award is reset back to needing 5 kills, but I still got the reward XP.

On more than one occasion, I'd be real close to an achievement after a save, and I'd take the opportunity to climb to the next level by repeatedly getting the reward, but then not taking any action to create a save point, knowing it wasn't IF, but WHEN I'd disconnect. Getting the level would end the streak, but if the timing was right, it really made some XP lemonade out of some crappy DC lemons.

Edited by nosaj122081

58 minutes ago, nosaj122081 said:

Thanks guys!

I thought a bit more about it, and remembered that achievements DON'T trigger a save... 

Yes  achievement didn't save since people make it as grinding xp/gold glitch while ago. I did too. The situation is same like you explain,  but I close application as soon as get reward for achievement. When loading back, repeat it. But I heard it already patch. 

8 hours ago, nosaj122081 said:

I found ways to take advantage of a bad situation, mainly by learning what events created a save point. I gamed the sh*t out of the swamp bird plumes; selling items to a butcher is a save point, so I would sell in San Denis, go satchel hunt until the DC hit, then I would respawn back near the butcher, sell, repeat.

Holy molly....it was never occur to me to think about this.😯 salute for this idea. When others are whining & mad about disconnect,  and you are smiling when that sh*t happen. 

Hahaha...thank you for this

8 hours ago, nosaj122081 said:

I also remember that both gun cleaning and fast travel are NOT save points, so if you do either then DC, it basically flushes that money down the toilet.

Yes indeed. If someone audit my RDO account, those gun oil,  fast travel is the most money I spend while online. Also i become herb nerd, who keep farming indian tobacco to craft snake oil (because keep use it)

In my experience,  I can stay long in online if didn't meet any player in session. So most of time, I camp far away from civilization just to be able to play online. 

There is one time, I get surrounded by griefers, they about 5-6 player. I was fishing & didn't notice they were there. As soon as they pull out gun, disconnect happen. 

That is the only time i feel like rockstar just trying to save me from disaster. 😂😂

Edited by zinussan50

Thanks for info that provide by nosaj122081

For the summary, if notification appear on top left,

"you have unopened parcels, ....post office ..."

That is indication that your RDO game just save to the cloud.