Panoramic map mystery ( still unsolved! )

Dewy1314

So I know there are plenty of people who think that this mystery is just to lead to the Easter egg 

Spoiler

With the aliens over the shack and mount Sean

I am not happy with this because there are far too many clues in the game that allude to something else entirely! I am making this thread specifically for people who agree there is something in game that has not been found yet! I have a few theories and have heard a few more that I would like to try / have better players than I try, 

Spoiler

I have not gone to mount Sean because I believe there is something that needs to be unlocked

One of my theories for people who are good at overlaying the maps, is the not the panoramic but the cave painting has a star marks the spot ... I want to know if anything is there, I would also appreciate if somebody could upload a map with a spoiler! That shows the location of the Viewpoint because I hear there is treasure there and I haven't been able to find it

The other clues that I believe may be connected are the giant remains as well as the mysterious writing on the tree near he'll home or maybe even the mysterious writing in Blackwater, if you look at the rock painting it shows big people talking to little people... And there are giant remains in two locations on this map, I honestly don't know how to connect those two statements but I feel there is one ;any thoughts?

If you were more than happy seeing the light and finishing the game and moving on to online congrats! I care much more about the story! And I am not willing to just give up on it because other people have, there are still too many things left to try...

I would also greatly appreciate it if anybody could post pictures of the mysterious writings, I don't use the share button on my controller, apparently there's some mysterious writing around the church and  lakay as well... 

Edited by Dewy1314

2 hours ago, Dewy1314 said:

So I know there are plenty of people who think that this mystery is just to lead to the Easter egg 

Reveal hidden contents

With the aliens over the shack and mount Sean

I am not happy with this because there are far too many clues in the game that allude to something else entirely! I am making this thread specifically for people who agree there is something in game that has not been found yet! I have a few theories and have heard a few more that I would like to try / have better players than I try, 

Reveal hidden contents

I have not gone to mount Sean because I believe there is something that needs to be unlocked

One of my theories for people who are good at overlaying the maps, is the not the panoramic but the cave painting has a star marks the spot ... I want to know if anything is there, I would also appreciate if somebody could upload a map with a spoiler! That shows the location of the Viewpoint because I hear there is treasure there and I haven't been able to find it

The other clues that I believe may be connected are the giant remains as well as the mysterious writing on the tree near he'll home or maybe even the mysterious writing in Blackwater, if you look at the rock painting it shows big people talking to little people... And there are giant remains in two locations on this map, I honestly don't know how to connect those two statements but I feel there is one ;any thoughts?

If you were more than happy seeing the light and finishing the game and moving on to online congrats! I care much more about the story! And I am not willing to just give up on it because other people have, there are still too many things left to try...

I would also greatly appreciate it if anybody could post pictures of the mysterious writings, I don't use the share button on my controller, apparently there's some mysterious writing around the church and  lakay as well... 

search the forums if nobody comes out to post them.  There's a thread or 2 here about them with pictures if i recall correctly.

• Like 1

So the first thing I'm going to try, though I keep missing the Moon... Is the be there at the appointed time and under the half moon and  "cast off my mortal shell" as it says in the sermon... I plan to light a stick of dynamite as soon as I see "it" 

I dont think there is a mystery regarding the panoramic map.

I think it is just that, a map from where the settlers were on the MT before they froze to death.

The map seems to show what you can see from the top, Valentine, to Strawberry and I think Blackwater too, I dont have it in front of me, but I think its just a map that points to the visible towns from the spot that the couple who have the map were when they drew it.