Explorer challenge

Muddybuddy

Question

Help! I happened upon a treasure prior to having the map, and now I can't complete the last explorer challenge. I do not have the exclusive map that came with special versions of the game. Any chance of getting 100% completion now? 

4 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Muddybuddy said:

Help! I happened upon a treasure prior to having the map, and now I can't complete the last explorer challenge. I do not have the exclusive map that came with special versions of the game. Any chance of getting 100% completion now? 

you don't need the exclusive map for the explorer challenge, you just need 5 maps and find the 5 treasures that go with them.   Don't think it's possible to find the treasure without the map, you might have found one of the 5 (i think it's 5) locations that have gold bars but aren't treasure hunts.

I found the erotic cards and Otis revolver while searching for dinosaur bones. Turns out it's the treasure for the mended map. I have Jack Halls, Chicks, poisonous trail, and high stakes. I believe all are done except the above mentioned. I just found the torn map 2, today, to form mended map it, but found it's rewards months ago.

4 hours ago, Muddybuddy said:

I found the erotic cards and Otis revolver while searching for dinosaur bones. Turns out it's the treasure for the mended map. I have Jack Halls, Chicks, poisonous trail, and high stakes. I believe all are done except the above mentioned. I just found the torn map 2, today, to form mended map it, but found it's rewards months ago.

Been a while since i did this one, had to go read the guide on this site - https://www.rdr2.org/guides/explorer-challenges-guide/

To complete the Explorer challenges you need to find a treasure map, that unlocks the challenge, and 9 treasures.  Treasures are hidden with the various maps for the 3 main treasure hunts, (Jack Hall Gang, Poisonous Trail, and High Stakes) and the treasures for those also count, for a total of 12 treasures to be found.  

If you look in your compendium it should tell you which stage of the Explorer challenge you're on, each stage from 2 to 10 is a treasure find.  I'd go back to each map location and see if you missed the treasure that's with it.  There's a few smaller treasure hunts that count also like that mended map you have, and a couple others.