Constant disconnects in pvp/story missions/events?

Drkest-Desires6

Question

Has anyone else had this issue? For whatever reason I am now completely unable to play story missions, pvp, free roam events, and sometimes even free roam missions. I can load in, but somewhere between 50-75% of the way through, I will be disconnected- usually with a 21002001, 20020000, or 20010006 code. The disconnects have started in free roam as well. I have good, stable connection and up until the past few months never had this issue.

I have tried everything, short of a wired connection (working on it). Ive restarted, rebuilt the database, updated software from safe mode, restarted again, tried Google DNS, tried manual mtu settings, tried both, verified our modem/router has upnp whatever enabled, did port forwarding and had both the ISP and R* verify it was done correctly. Tried the mtu and DNS on top of the forwarding. ISP claims there is 0 issue with our modem (the best they offer) or connection. 

After submitting a ridiculous amount of tickets and getting progressively angrier with each one sent, they finally responded to me with the same suggestions I'd done usually, adamant it is an issue with my service... even though I offered them screenshot proof of my more than adequate service... and even though I've only recently had the issue. Their last email suggested I set up pppoe. I let them know per my ISP this isnt something I can do, and they just haven't responded. 

I'm just so frustrated :(

8 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, TheChumpus said:

I just joined RDO yesterday after completing solo and I was so disappointed. Every 5-10 minutes I get that 0x20010006 error. I even tried my mobile hotspot just for the sake of different internet connection and I had 5 bars on Verizon network. I was so excited about playing it and now it's like WTF?!? I hope they solve this issue soon

Hi Chumpus and welcome to the forums.

I would suggest submitting a trouble ticket through R* Support.  I wouldn't assume it's something they are already working on as a known or widespread issue.

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.183064737.60707467.1565291490-686848401.1565291490

For what Ive read WRECKedStar is paying Akamai to get server use for RDR2 online and its players, this company is one of the biggest in the world providing CDN AkA Content Delivery Network.

IMO problem or the blame is for the Sh....T service provided by Akamai that WRECKedStar is paying, thats why we have capped Lobbys to 24 players and many times disconnected, loading errors and lagged action.

P.S.: Havent connected yet today, just hope to get same service as before meaning like 1 or 2 disconnections in a 3 to 4 hour session. Hope not to JiNK it 🤩

I just joined RDO yesterday after completing solo and I was so disappointed. Every 5-10 minutes I get that 0x20010006 error. I even tried my mobile hotspot just for the sake of different internet connection and I had 5 bars on Verizon network. I was so excited about playing it and now it's like WTF?!? I hope they solve this issue soon

yes was having the same issues,  random disconnects getting more and more as i played.  i did a ticket and i did everything R* support told me to do.  changing things around so i could be wired.  and now clearing the cache once a week has help.  i still get some random from time to time but not as bad as i was getting them.

Dude honestly I feel that. The same thing happens to me. I wanted to start a second account but I cant complete any story missions past the first horse stealing one. On my main account I can't play any series or the free roam missions like the condor egg event or the animal tagging event. It fricken sucks. I literally cant do anything fun in red dead online and it actually sucks. Rockstar will tell me their little troubleshooting steps and tips, but when I say they dont work, they say its my fault.

Hi @The_RATze_ and welcome to the forums.

I would suggest filling out your profile and letting folks know what platform you're playing on.  Also, please note that this thread is from over a year ago and errors experienced back then may not necessarily be an issue now for most that were affected here or perhaps different.  .....I'm letting you know that as there have been periods of disconnect issues that affected a large majority that have since been addressed.  That's not to say that some may not have problems as one of the mods here had unusual disconn issues throughout.  Nothing seemed to work.

Anyhow, I'd start by listing what platform your on and also looking through the PC section if it applies to you as troubleshooting can be much more complex in that case.

• Like 1