Connection Issues

Quick-Shot58

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi Quick Shot and welcome to the forums.....

First, I just want to let you know that RDR2.org is a fan forum.  This site is not affiliated with R* or 2K.  

Second, did you try to submit a trouble ticket through the official R* Support site here?:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.262239822.379186194.1567797193-955048409.1567797193

There are ways to get your ticket escalated but you need to be persistent.  

While most may not be affected, there are those I know who have had consistent connection issues.  If you're not getting anywhere with R* Support and want help from the community, you need to be a lot more descriptive than this.  Help us help you.  You may also want to browse some of hte other threads to see if a possible solution is  there or an idea you may not have tried.

18 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

While most may not be affected, there are those I know who have had consistent connection issues

We are the silent minority.

52 minutes ago, Quick-Shot58 said:

Constantly being kicked off the server, three can’t get no support Constantly being kicked off the server, three can’t get no support from rock star! rock star!

You're not alone, if it's any consolation.

I pay waaaaaay more than I should for monthly internet access, and have tried everything from swapping out both the modem AND the router.  Hard lining into the router.  Wifi.  Port Forwarding.  Open Protocols.

None of it works.  As a result, I haven't played more than a couple hours in the past few months.  The game is literally unplayable for me online--never more than five minutes at a time without being booted, unless the stars align perfectly.  Then I can get SEVEN minutes.

You know what does work?  Physically taking my PS4 to another location and using a different ISP/connection.  BUt that's not a permanent solution.  Literally have no issues with any other game (in fact, on most others, I'm often among, if not THE first person in the group to "load in" when coming out of a menu, strictly because of my internet connection)

Sorry, trying to figure out how to respond to an answer and Must’ve submitted the topic again by accident.

I also have submitted a ticket to RockStar.  A clown name Charles see responded that even though I lost quite a few items being kicked off their server such as  hides while taking them to sell, oil for gun cleaning, and lost gold because of being kicked off in the middle of the event .  Charles C status not Rockstars position to compensate for connectivity issues. I told him I would post it on YouTube. Thanks for the suggestion

Edited by Kean_1
combined consecutive posts

1 hour ago, Quick-Shot58 said:

Sorry, trying to figure out how to respond to an answer and Must’ve submitted the topic again by accident.

I also have submitted a ticket to RockStar.  A clown name Charles see responded that even though I lost quite a few items being kicked off their server such as  hides while taking them to sell, oil for gun cleaning, and lost gold because of being kicked off in the middle of the event .  Charles C status not Rockstars position to compensate for connectivity issues. I told him I would post it on YouTube. Thanks for the suggestion

No problem.