Sell horses and saddles

PebbleDash

Question

Howdy Partners,

Again I am confused and in need of guidance. I tried to sell my horse and saddle at Valentine stable but seemed only to have DISCARDED both for zilch recompense!

I only tried to sell because I couldn't buy a new horse (Missouri Foxtrotter) without making room in the stable.

So, is it possible to sell? And how do I make room for another horse without selling? And, am I only allowed 2 horses?

Another query:it seems I cannot longer make Standard Snake Oil with Indian Tobacco. Is this because I have the recipe for special Snake Oil?

All replies will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

10 answers to this question

You can make "Potent Snake Oil" with your Indian Tobacco as well as "Special Snake Oil".

For selling horses, you can only sell your horses that are in the stables, so if you want to sell the one you're riding, you need to swap to another horse first and sell the other one when it's in a stall.  Then you can buy your third horse.

You can have three horses - two in the stable, and one that's under your butt.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Foxtrot said:

You can make "Potent Snake Oil" with your Indian Tobacco as well as "Special Snake Oil".

For selling horses, you can only sell your horses that are in the stables, so if you want to sell the one you're riding, you need to swap to another horse first and sell the other one when it's in a stall.  Then you can buy your third horse.

You can have three horses - two in the stable, and one that's under your butt.

Many thanks Foxtrot for your helpful response.

I find I still cannot use my Indian Tobacco to make anything! Neither strength of snake Oil. It just isn't coming up as an option in Crafting anymore.

I did try to sell my spare horse in the stable - not the active one. I watched a You Tube video of someone trying to demonstrate how to sell a horse and saddle and the person made the same mistake as did I (whatever mistake that was) and only discarded both his horse and saddle when he thought he was selling. That video is still on You Tube.

An aside, I am delighted with the Missouri Foxtrotter I bought to replace the discarded Arabian.

Not sure how to make room in the stable for a third horse - I see the Collector role has a couple of pack horses available.

Thanks again friend

Pebbledash

That's odd.  I just did both in the game - went into the stables and had the option to sell one of my horses that are stabled there.  And then I camped out of town and had the ability to craft both kinds of snake oil.

You're talking about "Collector Role".  So you're playing Online?  This might have different rules than Story mode.

• Like 1

Thanks again Foxtrot. Yes I am playing the online multiplayer. And yes I had no problem selling horses in Story Mode. An apology: I do seem able to make Special Snake Oil now - but not standard.

I lost interest in chapter 6 of Story Mode once I started on the online version. But I will return to see the chapter out - and probably play again now that I have acquired some rudimentary skills.

Cheers.

A

No way Robbstar will let you recover money for your horses and saddles/stirrups

Discard is the only option

But with this DLC u can now own 10 horses

Just buy the stable slot first and afterwards the horse and insurance so grieffers pay 4$ if they kill ur horse and u also get it back free and much faster

I have 6 horses now and pay more than 4$ per game day (48 mins), but I love horses and will soon fill whole 10 slots

Edited by LordLoff
  • Like 1

Many thanks LordLoff for your helpful response. I actually feel less bad now that I know I didn't mess up a chance to recover some of my investment -  but Rockstar should at least remove the apparent SELL OPTION so people don't feel so stupid and/or cheated.

Is it really worth buying the Horse Insurance - since I usually get my Grief Stricken horse back anyway eventually? 

Thanks Buddy

On 9/13/2019 at 1:36 PM, LordLoff said:

No way Robbstar will let you recover money for your horses and saddles/stirrups

Discard is the only option

But with this DLC u can now own 10 horses

Just buy the stable slot first and afterwards the horse and insurance so grieffers pay 4$ if they kill ur horse and u also get it back free and much faster

I have 6 horses now and pay more than 4$ per game day (48 mins), but I love horses and will soon fill whole 10 slots

Ac ollow up: since you like horse so much and have great knowledge of them perhaps you can advise me on the 'best' horse - 1/ for speed and race winning, and 2/ for strong nerve in conflict and stressful situations, and 3/ for general missions combining all these qualities.

I do like my Missouri Foxtrotter and have own a couple of St Denis point-to-points on him. Seems as least as fast as my White Arabian.

Cheers Buddy

Partners:
Can any one tell me how to share a screenshot with Rockstar - please. I am unfamiliar with most IT tech stuff., due to the stupidity of old age!  I think I have taken the required screenshot but don't know how to end it to Rockstar.

Since the update my 94 day Streak has been deleted and I have been put back to the start. I ticketed Rockstar and the answer requires me to share a screenshot of my current Daily Challenge streak page.

Also I wonder whether others have experienced the same Streak deletion. I also did a minor character appearance change - could this have caused the problem?

All replies much appreciated.

On 9/16/2019 at 1:01 AM, PebbleDash said:

Ac ollow up: since you like horse so much and have great knowledge of them perhaps you can advise me on the 'best' horse - 1/ for speed and race winning, and 2/ for strong nerve in conflict and stressful situations, and 3/ for general missions combining all these qualities.

I do like my Missouri Foxtrotter and have own a couple of St Denis point-to-points on him. Seems as least as fast as my White Arabian.

Cheers Buddy

The Norfolk roadster spotted tri