Trader role and how it functions/works?

Born Homicidal

Question

Hello all,

So I've recently watched a YouTube video of someone doing a trade route both local and long distance routes (link below).

I was wondering a few things if anyone knows I'd appreciate the help.

1. How do you get 100/100 goods my crew and I only get 25/100 (maybe we need to get more supplies?)

2. In the video the guy seems to get 100/100 and local price is 62.50, yet when he has 50/100 or 25/100 it's still 62.50 and I imagine long distance is 78. So is there any reason at all to even wait until 100/100? Which is roughly 3 hours 20 mins (50 minutes for 25/100).

3. Would you all agree that they should make a persistent posse permanent with ranks so people can use the main camp at all times and would make the trader camp system more viable for crews, Especially if they add in a donation box system like in single player to help the camp purchase wagons and stuff?

Thanks long questions but definitely appreciate the help/input

4 answers to this question

Hi,

As someone that has now extensively tried all roles, maybe I can contribute here: 

1. Supplies, supplies, supplies, both pelts, carcasses and provision supplies (do missions for these rather than paying) Cripps will keep working and filling up the stock

2. The price you are mentioning there is the price you get for single delivery, on small wagon that is 25 items. Few lines above that is a full stock value.

3. That is a good suggestion and would be cool to work for your Posse camp even when there is no one else available, but there should still be option to have your own camp for when you want it :)

Hope above is useful. 

Good Luck

Update: 

1. You have to continue production, as long as you supply materials you have to either purchase or do the supplies liaisons to continue the bar.

2. It doesn't matter at all if you do 25/100, 53/100 97/100 or 100/100 the payout and Exp is exactly the same so don't waste your time (possible bug, or not working properly)

Thanks to the previous poster for your input

I thought the only way you can do deliveries over 25 goods at a time was with a supply wagon that you need to buy.  The default wagon you get to transport goods is limited to 25. 

If the transfers are indeed all paying the same even with transporting / selling more goods then yeah, it's a bug.

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

I thought the only way you can do deliveries over 25 goods at a time was with a supply wagon that you need to buy.  The default wagon you get to transport goods is limited to 25. 

If the transfers are indeed all paying the same even with transporting / selling more goods then yeah, it's a bug.

Yeah forgot to add that part. 

Maybe with standard wagon it only lets you do 25/100 regardless. I don't own any upgraded wagons so couldn't test it.  So essentially I would still have 75/100 goods to deliver at camp.

Thanks for clearing it up I appreciate it

• Like 1