Trade Route

CosmoKramer

28 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

I've participated in it a few times now. I've had no issues. I love this event because for once we're working together to fend off an onslaught of attackers rather than killing each other mindlessly.

I tried again earlier and I still get the same problem with it.

The salvage event worked ok for me though and sounds just like what you describe so not sure I'm really missing out on much. I don't really need an event to stock Cripps up on materials. Will only be a (minor) problem if it comes up as a daily challenge.

5 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

I tried again earlier and I still get the same problem with it.

The salvage event worked ok for me though and sounds just like what you describe so not sure I'm really missing out on much. I don't really need an event to stock Cripps up on materials. Will only be a (minor) problem if it comes up as a daily challenge.

The best thing about it is not the materials you gain from it, but the xp. You get like 300+ xp from it. I'm  now a level 13 trader, so it certainly helps getting you up there faster.

The salvage one was confusing as hell to me. I did it once and I had now idea what I was supposed to be doing. I managed to stumble across one dig spot, to find one collectible. It might be easier now that I'm  a higher level as a collector and can spot collectible locations a lit easier now.

Edited by Vaderspupil
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

The best thing about it is not the materials you gain from it, but the xp. You get like 300+ xp from it. I'm  now a level 13 trader, so it certainly helps getting you up there faster.

The salvage one was confusing as hell to me. I did it once and I had now idea what I was supposed to be doing. I managed to stumble across one dig spot, to find one collectible. It might be easier now that I'm  a higher level as a collector and can spot collectible locations a lit easier now.

Already maxed out Trader (levels up really fast through the later levels) so not fussed about the xp, materials/supplies would be all I'd be interested in.

Salvage was really confusing the first time, especially as I didn't know players couldn't shoot each other so I spent the first few minutes just trying to avoid other people. Got a bit of an idea of it though as it went on and came 5th in the end - not too shabby. Wasn't sure if the metal detector could be used or not - it seemed to be working but as soon as I equipped it a load of NPCs would turn up and start shooting at me.

Edited by CosmoKramer

• 1 month later...

So, after a period of having Trade Route work and really enjoying it every time I’m back to it failing everyday. Past 3 days it’s done exactly what I first posted here about and the same happened once last week. Anyone else? It’s really pissing me off as I only get one chance per day to play it.

1 hour ago, CosmoKramer said:

So, after a period of having Trade Route work and really enjoying it every time I’m back to it failing everyday. Past 3 days it’s done exactly what I first posted here about and the same happened once last week. Anyone else? It’s really pissing me off as I only get one chance per day to play it.

I'm on xbox & that is one of my favorites. Play it every time I see it.

I haven't had any issues with it. Maybe it a Ps4 glitch only, not sure.

Worked for me today thankfully but I may still raise a ticket with R*. Along with a suggestion that they add a caption for how well you’re scoring vs the top player like in other FRE modes. I’ve won with mid-20 scores some days yet tied first or only been top 3 with high-40 scores on others. 

3 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Along with a suggestion that they add a caption for how well you’re scoring vs the top player like in other FRE modes. I’ve won with mid-20 scores some days yet tied first or only been top 3 with high-40 scores on others. 

On xbox. I think if you press down on the D pad, it will bring up your score vs others.

Edited by C20Dragon
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2019 at 5:28 AM, C20Dragon said:

On xbox. I think if you press down on the D pad, it will bring up your score vs others.

Ok thanks, I'll try that.

Not sure why they made these new FREs without the banner at the top like all the others? I know they are co-op but there is still a competitive element as it tracks a performance table and counts towards competitive awards. Odd.

edit: down on d-pad works on PS4 too, thanks for that heads-up. 

Edited by CosmoKramer