Why is it night so often and so long

Aval0n

Question

I started playing the story mode about 6 weeks ago and enjoyed it enough to try the online mode. So far I'm at level 8 and enjoy it except for one thing. It is night so often and for such a long time. Is there any way for the player to go into daytime? Not everyone has great eyesight. I don't, so the dark times in the game are difficult and not fun. The atmospherics make it worse because it is often foggy and/or rainy. I wind up sitting in one place until daytime comes, which means half or more than half my time in the game is spent doing nothing.

3 answers to this question

I don't think it's possible to speed things up - I wish it was because I have the same problem, I have an eye illness which prevents me from being able to look at bright screens, so my TV screen is set to "very dark", and I see absolutely NOTHING during the night, especially not when it's foggy. I really dislike how long the nights are as well, it always seems like as if they slow down time during the night or something. I've lost count of how many times I've fallen down somewhere or crashed into a tree or got shot by an enemy just because I couldn't see where I was going or where the enemy even WAS. (Eagle Eye helps but not when you're trying to get away from something or someone.) I would love to be able to speed up the time so that it's always daytime for me in the game. I did that all the time in single player where you can just go to sleep.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 1:56 PM, Aval0n said:

I started playing the story mode about 6 weeks ago and enjoyed it enough to try the online mode. So far I'm at level 8 and enjoy it except for one thing. It is night so often and for such a long time. Is there any way for the player to go into daytime? Not everyone has great eyesight. I don't, so the dark times in the game are difficult and not fun. The atmospherics make it worse because it is often foggy and/or rainy. I wind up sitting in one place until daytime comes, which means half or more than half my time in the game is spent doing nothing.

Day and night last the same, just use nights to stay in towns cleaning guns, visiting stables, replenishing from post offices, feeding/cleaning horse, selling to butcher and fence and crafting at fires, and dont do any of these during daytime so you have all tasks waiting for you at night

Edited by LordLoff
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 10:38 AM, LordLoff said:

Day and night last the same, just use nights to stay in towns cleaning guns, visiting stables, replenishing from post offices, feeding/cleaning horse, selling to butcher and fence and crafting at fires, and dont do any of these during daytime so you have all tasks waiting for you at night

and once you get the fishing rod you can fish all night and make some good money.

• Like 1