One of my favorite things to do

Enoch

A crimson dot appears on my radar. After a moment, I (or my posse) realize it’s not an NPC. The prompt on the right side of my screen notifies me that the hostile is killing other players indiscriminately. I stroll into the area cautiously, wanting to observe the ruckus before I engage just in case it’s a group of players having a bit of fun. Once I hear through the in-game chat that this hostile player is harassing people, I load up every bit of explosive ammo I can muster. It’s one thing to engage others in free roam in a friendly scuffle, it’s quite another to outright ruin the experience of the game by incessantly punishing those who are less experienced than you. 

Fully loaded, I ride in and take out the griefer. The other players observe me with a sense of hesitancy - no doubt wondering if I’ll turn on them. I tip my hat to let them know I’m there to help. The griefer returns and tries to gun me down. His/her attempts fail. I extinguish their avatar’s life once more. 

This is the point where the griefer gets on their mic and begins hurling childish insults my way. I don’t care. I just keep chasing them back to their spawn point and kill them again, pushing them further away from town. Now the insults get REALLY heated as the griefer wishes death upon me and voices aspirations of having relations with my mother. Still doesn’t bother me. Eventually the griefer has been driven back so far and has died so much that they disappear from the server. 

The day is won. 

The player(s) who was being harassed thanks me for my help. I tip my hat again and rear up my horse, then ride off into the sunset. Another innocent has been spared the cruelty of the West.

Now they’ll know that The Congregation will always be there to help. 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Enoch said:

Now they’ll always know that The Congregation will always be there to help. 

If they don't accept your help, will you resort to helping them against their will?

Kidding, of course.  That name, "The Congregation" gives me the willies, though.  I keep picturing those deep woods small churches and communities where the preacher is the true power politically speaking.  It still happens in rural areas more often than you'd think.

• Haha 1

Haha! The backstory is basically a church was robbed, most of the members were killed and the building was set ablaze by a gang the reformed priest (my avatar) used to belong to. The local law turned a blind eye to the act. Now The Congregation roams the West to help those in need - whether it be from outlaws, or those who would use the law to hide their evil deeds. 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1