fishing rod cannot be equipped here

NeKryXe

i was able to use the fishing rod one time but then i always get the message "fishing rod cannot be equipped here". i even tried next to rivers and even in the middle of water and the message is always the same. i know that i still have bait and i'm not in any mission, so... how do i select the fishing rod? (on PC)

1 hour ago, CrabApples said:

When you have your fishing rod equipped, are you then going to the bait menu to put the bait on it? This is the only thing I can think of as to why it would not be working for you.

i'm aware of that. the problem is that since yesterday when i go to the menu and select the fishing rod it says that cannot be equipped. so, i can't even equip the rod.

Usually restarting the game fixes this issue. I had it happen a few times on console. I am not sure if it will work for PC. I would imagine it hasn't fixed the issue since you likely haven't been playing this entire time. Some people have expressed having issues near legendary animal areas. 

I would contact Rockstar about it for the time being.

On 11/17/2019 at 7:26 AM, redscrew said:

Usually restarting the game fixes this issue. I had it happen a few times on console. I am not sure if it will work for PC. I would imagine it hasn't fixed the issue since you likely haven't been playing this entire time. Some people have expressed having issues near legendary animal areas. 

I would contact Rockstar about it for the time being.

looks like meanwhile it started working again but i only noticed yesterday. weird thing :)

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 9:25 PM, NeKryXe said:

i'm aware of that. the problem is that since yesterday when i go to the menu and select the fishing rod it says that cannot be equipped. so, i can't even equip the rod.

Is it still working for you? Maybe the issue just sorted itself out. I wasn't able to find any fixes for it so it might just be a bug in game. 

5 hours ago, CrabApples said:

Is it still working for you? Maybe the issue just sorted itself out. I wasn't able to find any fixes for it so it might just be a bug in game. 

yep. it's still working. i never understood why it didn't work for a couple of days :)

• Like 1