Possible to download ahead of time?

Faelwolf

Question

With bills, and Holidays coming, etc. it will be next month before I can purchase the game, In the meantime, is it possible to download the game for later activation?  Some online games offer this. It's a pretty hefty download, and I'd like to be able to get at least the bulk of it now so there will be less delay when I am finally able to activate it. (It may take me several days/tries to download it all with my slower internet connection at 100+ GB) I want a completely legit copy, not something from a "grey area" if you get my drift. I am a 100% above board gamer, and a search keeps bringing up sites that I find suspect.   I have made a social club account, but don't see any way to create a game account on the company web site (unless they are both the same thing.)  I am surprised at how difficult they make it to really navigate their site in some ways. I sure wish I had known about the pre-order in time!

4 answers to this question

On 11/15/2019 at 9:12 PM, Faelwolf said:

With bills, and Holidays coming, etc. it will be next month before I can purchase the game, In the meantime, is it possible to download the game for later activation?  Some online games offer this. It's a pretty hefty download, and I'd like to be able to get at least the bulk of it now so there will be less delay when I am finally able to activate it. (It may take me several days/tries to download it all with my slower internet connection at 100+ GB) I want a completely legit copy, not something from a "grey area" if you get my drift. I am a 100% above board gamer, and a search keeps bringing up sites that I find suspect.   I have made a social club account, but don't see any way to create a game account on the company web site (unless they are both the same thing.)  I am surprised at how difficult they make it to really navigate their site in some ways. I sure wish I had known about the pre-order in time!

Sadly your best bet is just wait til you can buy it then deal with it.

yeah you may have to wait a bit while it downloads but look at it like this, you are waiting all this time anyway, whats one more day or so at that point?

At least you can just order it, set it up to download then forget it for a while, do it when you sleep or go to work, etc..

Anyway thats just my advice, I wouldnt stress over getting it early to save time, I get it, you want to play it as soon as possible, but really once you set it up and start playing all that wont matter, the anticipation can be good.

I would study videos on game play, techniques, bugs, secret missions, little known things, this game packs an unreal amout of content into it, now you have a year of videos that can be super helpful to watch while you wait for the game.

Also, I dont know what you plan to buy, but my advice is buy the special or limited edition they each come with extra content, I wasnt able to get the pre order so I missed out on one mission and a little gold, and one trasure, but I did get a really cool Thoroughbred dapple coat to start the game with and a few other perks and I loved having the extra content, I just wish I had known to get the pre order.

anyway my advice is buy the most complete version you can that offers the most extra content, you only buy ti once and at that point the extra $20 or $30 is well worth it IMO anyway.

Good luck man, the time will fly by and before you know it you will be in here posting about stuff you are doing in game.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing, reading up, watching videos, etc. especially stuff like "noob mistakes to avoid" etc. :)  I have a friend who has picked up the game, but hasn't had a chance to do much yet, so already have a built-in partner to learn the ropes with.  Looking forward to it!