Game not found after launcher reinstallation

Exterminathor

Hello everyone! 

I moved my rockstar game launcher (uninstall and install in another location) and it does not find my games anymore (RDR2 and GTAV).

I tried to launch both by using the executables (in admin also) , then it goes to the launcher saying that the executable is not found..

If I use the function of searching of installed game from the launcher, nothing found.

I played RDR2 yesterday, the launcher was installed in another disk. Now, the launcher is at the same disk and same directory as the games RDR2 and GTAV..

Maybe is something related to reg keys? 

8 hours ago, Exterminathor said:

Hello everyone! 

I moved my rockstar game launcher (uninstall and install in another location) and it does not find my games anymore (RDR2 and GTAV).

I tried to launch both by using the executables (in admin also) , then it goes to the launcher saying that the executable is not found..

If I use the function of searching of installed game from the launcher, nothing found.

I played RDR2 yesterday, the launcher was installed in another disk. Now, the launcher is at the same disk and same directory as the games RDR2 and GTAV..

Hi,

Cant you just delete it and re-download?

9 hours ago, Exterminathor said:

Hello everyone! 

The reason being the launcher and the game are one. When you transferred the launcher's location, you separated them. Now they can't communicate. As one poster suggested, delete/uninstall the launcher and game, then reinstall launcher and d/load the game again. Just like the 1st time around.

Edited by Trespasser

Hello,

Thank you for your replies !

Yes, I can understand that the link is broken, but why this doesn't happen with other launchers (Steam, Ubi, Origin..) ?

==> At least, it is still possible to manually link the install path to the launchers. With Rockstar it is only "automatic".

I was thinking also to delete everything, then reinstalling the game but 150 GB with my poor connection... ^^

In the end, I contacted Rockstar chat and the process to follow :

- Free up the space needed for a new installation (this is not easy with this amount, but I moved temporarily others folder)

- Click on install and choose the path where the game is actually installed

The launcher will download the "missing" files and the game is ready to launch again ! No need to download again everything.

The Launcher could be improved by having this option of putting the path where the game is already installed before checking if there is enough space to install the entire game. I will write feedback onto this to Rockstar. It could help for the future !

• Thanks 1