Recent PC Update crashing

Toonz

Hello, anyone experiencing crashing on vulkan since the update? I have verified game files after the update and the game did start downloading something in relation to vulkan / Microsoft runtime but it still crashes. Im running the very latest nvidia drivers and windows updates. Game works on DX12 but I was using vulkan fine until the update. The game will start and begins loading then crashes once the story loads, with ERR_GFX_STATE.

Edited by Toonz

2 hours ago, Toonz said:

Hello, anyone experiencing crashing on vulkan since the update? I have verified game files after the update and the game did start downloading something in relation to vulkan / Microsoft runtime but it still crashes. Im running the very latest nvidia drivers and windows updates. Game works on DX12 but I was using vulkan fine until the update. The game will start and begins loading then crashes once the story loads, with ERR_GFX_STATE.

Theres also a new nvidia Hotfix out that addresses the Vulkan users, maybe give it a try if you haven't already.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-441-34-hotfix-driver-download,2.html

• Like 1

If you are still having issues after that fix, be sure to send a report to Rockstar about the issue. We always recommend doing that early on if the issue is still happening. Changing a setting might fix one problem and break three more. No one really knows what to expect with the game right now because there are so many different variations of PC builds out there. 

9 hours ago, bluntTR4P said:

If you are still having issues after that fix, be sure to send a report to Rockstar about the issue. We always recommend doing that early on if the issue is still happening. Changing a setting might fix one problem and break three more. No one really knows what to expect with the game right now because there are so many different variations of PC builds out there. 

Yes, seems to be 1 issue fixed 2 more broke. I guess I will just use dx12 for now FPS seems ok anyway.

Will there ever be a hot fix that doesn't break the game?  They just released (25 Nov'2019) patch to ver 1207.77 and it crashes durrring the staring slide show.  This really bugs me as it worked an hour ago before shut it down.  Now it starts with the doownload of the patch and then I have a a game lives up to it's name red DEAD ...

8 hours ago, imtarfu said:

Will there ever be a hot fix that doesn't break the game?  They just released (25 Nov'2019) patch to ver 1207.77 and it crashes durrring the staring slide show.  This really bugs me as it worked an hour ago before shut it down.  Now it starts with the doownload of the patch and then I have a a game lives up to it's name red DEAD ...

The game is ported over from a console format. There are going to be issues. There was no way for them to test for all of them. Just be patient and give them a chance to fix everything.