Has RS done wonders w/ their updates? because...

Trespasser

...my rig w/c is ancient (GTX 960 4gb VRAM; Intel i3-8100 3.6 ghz, and only 8 gb RAM) crawled the day i played RDR2 for the 1st time. But 2 weeks into the game and after 3 major updates, i can run it with Texture quality at Ultra, 4x AF. FXAA enabled, Medium Light quality, Vulkan, Fullscreen, V-sync and TB enabled, and the rest at low. Running well at ave 36 fps whereas before it crawled to a standstill. 

Now i dunno what happened, the only changes i know were from Rockstar's updates and the Nvidia hotfix driver 441.34. Here's an actual screenshot. Notice the ground.

Red Dead Redemption II Screenshot 2019.11.22 - 13.10.03.09.png

Edited by Trespasser

Meh, mine hasnt changed much if at all, but i guess if i lower most my settings down to low it would run better, but thats not the point of me getting this game for my PC in the first place, i wanted to experience Hi-def or at least a better experience than the PS4 gave me

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SNAK3S said:

A big selling point of getting the game on PC is the graphics and if souped up PCs are having trouble running the game down to it being an issue on their end, it just ends up being frustrating. 

Yeah I feel you on this. I mean, it seems like we got dealt a really crappy hand because there were not this many issues on console. I don't regret getting the game but I feel like at times, it can become so frustrating that I am tempted to take a month off from it and wait until updates are cycled through enough to fix the major issues.