Ryzen 5 and RX 590?

Is anyone playing Red Dead Redemption 2 with a Ryzen 5 and an RX 590 and if so, what graphic settings are you running at and what FPS are you getting? 

I'm considering getting an RX 590 Fatboy Core Edition 8GB to go with my Ryzen 5 2600 and I want to make sure that I avoid any issues that I'm currently having with not being able to run the game beyond low settings.  

Edited by Vendetta
On 12/15/2019 at 10:47 PM, DiamondDave said:

That is pretty much the same as my roommates. 

Assuming you are going to be running the game at 1080p you'll be able to max out all the settings and get around 40 to 60 fps. You probably wanna turn down a few settings to get a comfortable fps. 

That is awesome. I will be running at 1080p. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, ragedhunter11 said:

Did you end up getting it yet and testing it out? I am pretty curious to see if this holds up. I hope things do work out for you. I know you are one of the members here who have had the brunt of issues when it came to the game on PC which is unfortunate. 

Not yet buddy. To be honest, I'm not sure if I should proceed with building this desktop. I haven't had the best of luck with the last two games I purchased on PC. I want to play Red Dead Redemption 2 on this PC build, but I'm still having the same issues on my laptop. I currently have only purchased a Ryzen 5 2600 which I got from Newegg for around $120.00 USD. 

I don't want to spend the money to build this desktop, only to have the same problems with not being able to run the game beyond low settings. I remember reading that the CPU and GPU problems involved i5 CPU's. I believe that the Ryzen 5 2600 is AMD version of the i5. The RX 590 8GB is more than capable of running the game at medium settings, but so is my laptops GTX 1050 TI 4GB. Don't know how I should proceed. 

Edited by Vendetta
On 12/20/2019 at 8:17 PM, Vendetta said:

Not yet buddy. To be honest, I'm not sure if I should proceed with building this desktop. I haven't had the best of luck with the last two games I purchased on PC. I want to play Red Dead Redemption 2 on this PC build, but I'm still having the same issues on my laptop. I currently have only purchased a Ryzen 5 2600 which I got from Newegg for around $120.00 USD. 

I don't want to spend the money to build this desktop, only to have the same problems with not being able to run the game beyond low settings. I remember reading that the CPU and GPU problems involved i5 CPU's. I believe that the Ryzen 5 2600 is AMD version of the i5. The RX 590 8GB is more than capable of running the game at medium settings, but so is my laptops GTX 1050 TI 4GB. Don't know how I should proceed. 

A year late for a response here LOL

I understand that man completely. I would be so damn frustrated myself I think I would have already given up on playing RDR2 by now. You have more patience than I.

• Like 1