Graphic Settings

GamerRev3

So, because I have an older computer that can run RDO but barely, I have gotten my graphics settings into a comfortable place to be able run the game.

My question specifically, is what graphic settings affects the look of my character? Right now, she looks like a geisha in her face. This is meaning that an example is that her lipstick looks like a geisha's lipstick, not covering the whole of her lips. I turn settings up temporarily to give my toon proper looks but did so using an all around setting system as opposed to specific settings. (Hope I'm making sense.) I couldn't keep the all around settings for actually playing in the game but had to turn them back down to cut down on lag.

I can post a picture of my toon if anyone needs to see what I'm talking about. Just let me know please.

rd21.jpg

emberducette.jpg

Edited by GamerRev3
Adding 2 sample pictures for clarity.

1 hour ago, SaulGoodMan said:

Let me see a pic.

I am not sure if this is entirely down to graphics, might be the actual structure of your character as well. 

I have added two pictures to original post so show you what I am talking about. The second picture is what she looked like when I was done with her. Then, I turned down my graphics so I could actually play the game. I'm trying to fine tune and tweak it so I can at least get her to look like she did when I first got her made, meaning that I can't fiddle with every single setting and have them turned up like I did previously with toon creation. I need to know where to start to look to get more details on her face.

Btw, thank you for taking the time to respond.

29 minutes ago, GamerRev3 said:

I have added two pictures to original post so show you what I am talking about. The second picture is what she looked like when I was done with her. Then, I turned down my graphics so I could actually play the game. I'm trying to fine tune and tweak it so I can at least get her to look like she did when I first got her made, meaning that I can't fiddle with every single setting and have them turned up like I did previously with toon creation. I need to know where to start to look to get more details on her face.

Btw, thank you for taking the time to respond.

Yeah, that's a stark difference.

13 minutes ago, GamerRev3 said:

Any idea what setting(s) control her face detailing? I've been looking and haven't found anything yet.

No idea myself. I'm on PS4 and been out of the PC gaming scene for years.  .....but hopefully someone can chime in to help.

So while waiting for a response, I decided to start going through all my RDO graphic settings. I found something almost immediately. For informational purposes, I needed to have my textures set to at least high to get proper setting to make my toon's face look right. I thought everyone else would like to know in case they come across this thread. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1