rescuing sean

harry747

i'm replaying chapter 2, and at the moment i'm trying to get to javier near blackwater. the problem is that every time i try to cross the river, the law appears before i even get up the other side, forcing me to either shoot them or run away. the first time i did this mission, this didn't happen, and i could get to javier no problem. what am i doing wrong?

i talked to dutch  at the camp. he told me to get drunk with lenny, then get sean out. so i took lenny to valentine to get drunk, then i did something else (don't remember what) and then i tried to get to blackwater. and yes, javier's icon is on the minimap. has been for some time now.

edit: oops, i screwed that up. when i talked to dutch, he told me to get micah out, not sean. javier's icon appeared after i did the americans at rest mission, long before i went to valentine with lenny. so, do i need to go to the camp and talk to dutch?

Edited by harry747

i did some other stuff, like a treasure hunt, some bounty hunting and reunite jamie and mary, hoping micah's icon wou;ld appear so i can get on with it. but it didn't, and those guys are still there, blocking my way to blackwater. IOW, i still have the same problem. shooting those guys will only give me some bounty, and that won't do me any good 😞

do i have to go back to an earlier save?

Edited by harry747