Why can't I pick up weapons no matter what I press? I just lost a valuable weapon because I can't pick it up

Gobshite

Solution/Update

Yayyyyyyy I figured it. Fit anyone else On PS4.  Do NOT hoooooold L1 which just opened the weapons wheel, just TAP it

Why can't I pick up weapons no matter what I press? I just lost a valuable weapon because I can't pick it up. Just jump to 13:00 minutes

Edited by Gobshite

It looks like L1 is taking you to the weapons wheel.  Have you re-assigned your control layout?  If so, reset L1 back to the original mapping and you should be fine.

It's PS4. All keys are default. I just need to know the key process/combination

Here it says

Holster your weapon by tapping the left bumper (LB/L1). If you see a weapon on a body that you want to pick up just hold down the right bumper (RB/R1) and you’ll swap it for the one you currently have in your hands

But if you holster your weapon it's NOT in your forking hand. Does anyone know how to pick up a weapon. This game is the most stressful I've played since I started having in 1984. Over read loads of instructions and none make sense and none of them work. I've tried swapping, holstering and pick up. Sometime so get a prompt to swap weapons and still don't work