Voice Chat & Player Reporting Feature greyed out!

Nat_Romanoff

I have searched online help for this, and I’m so frustrated. The few “solutions” people have posted DP nothing for me. At some point over six months ago, I switched my chat options to Friends Only, and now that I’ve started playing online again, I decided to try my new headphones, but it stays greyed out. What is the fix for this?

Also, why can’t I vote to kick or report players? There are still players that are cheating by running the race session and setting the controller thumb pad to move. You can’t kick them out, and they hold up the gameplay. I also have people who keep targeting me that I can’t report, which just makes you not want to play altogether. 

I’m on a PS4. 

I need to report a player and the online report option is greyed out.

[PLAYER NAME REMOVED] is CONTINUOUSLY targeting me. He’s not even trying to win the race. He has done this 3 races in a row.

Edited by Kean_1
No naming & shaming please

First, welcome to the forums.

As for reporting players, the only way you can do that is via the in-game reporting feature or through R* Support.  If the option is greyed out, I'm not sure what to tell you.  It may not be available during races and perhaps only in other sessions like the open game world, PvP, etc.  I really can't say for sure.  

I did remove the user name you mentioned as we do have a name & shame rule here.  I'm sorry you're having issues with that player but my only suggestion beyond trying to report it is to try and find another session to play in to get away from him.

P.S.  I am also merging your to threads together as they are similar in that they both talk about your issue reporting players.  I adjusted your title to address both your problems though. 

• Kean_1 changed the title to Voice Chat & Player Reporting Feature greyed out!
On 5/21/2020 at 12:30 AM, Nat_Romanoff said:

Also, why can’t I vote to kick or report players? There are still players that are cheating by running the race session and setting the controller thumb pad to move. You can’t kick them out, and they hold up the gameplay. I also have people who keep targeting me that I can’t report, which just makes you not want to play altogether. 

I’m on a PS4. 

You're mostly wasting your time trying to report players.  Especially ones that are AFKing in races....

I mean, you're basically trying report someone whos not doing anything.  

Also what does targeting mean?   You can't report people for attacking you or being a di*k.  That's just part of the game.