Jump to content

Abigail night clothes


rwjones57
 Share

Recommended Posts

Abigail was a working girl in Dutch's gang which would have exposed her to every sexually transmitted disease of the era. Since cures for these diseases were unknown at the time, doctors often treated the symptoms with opiates and other such remedies for relief. Resulting lifelong drug dependencies would have been common. I highly doubt that Dutch's employee heath insurance plan would have covered those concerns.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Parzival said:

That's clearly been retconned since none of the women in the gang serve in such a role in RDR2.

Dutch puts it out there in this scene.

Abigail even says that "Jack isnt going to grow up and marry a  working girl" in the continuation of this clip. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She's referring to her own past as a prostitute, not that she prostitutes to the gang. None of the women do that at any point in the game. The closest instance is Karen going to the Valentine inn with a man, but it's pretty clear she was intending to rob him blind rather than rock his world.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Parzival said:

She's referring to her own past as a prostitute,

Thank you for clearing that up. That was my contention also. Since Abby is the subject of this thread, the other girls career choices are irrelevant. 

7 hours ago, buttlint said:

Abigail was a working girl in Dutch's gang which would have exposed her to every sexually transmitted disease of the era.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, buttlint said:

Since Abby is the subject of this thread, the other girls career choices are irrelevant.

I disagree, their standing in the gang is very relevant to this line of discussion. It's been made abundantly clear in the game that all of the women, Abigail included, are full-fledged members and not prostitutes servicing the gang. Unlike in RDR1, Dutch is a good guy, so that kind of thing probably wouldn't have reflected very highly on him in players' eyes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/22/2020 at 8:21 PM, Parzival said:

I disagree, their standing in the gang is very relevant to this line of discussion. It's been made abundantly clear in the game that all of the women, Abigail included, are full-fledged members and not prostitutes servicing the gang. Unlike in RDR1, Dutch is a good guy, so that kind of thing probably wouldn't have reflected very highly on him in players' eyes

I am confused. 

Are you saying that because the clip from above was from the original Red Dead Redemption, that it doesnt pertain to the history of Abigail? The original game clearly says that Abby was a woman with a past. It specifically points out that she was a prostitute, in the gang, and was servicing members of the gang, and getting work on the side.

Or.....Are you trying to say that because this is RDR2, that her slate gets wiped clean and we should just forget about what transpired in the original game? I can totally understand if you never played the original game that you wouldnt know her history. But are we supposed put spoiler tags on any references to the original game?

On 8/22/2020 at 8:21 PM, Parzival said:

Unlike in RDR1, Dutch is a good guy, so that kind of thing probably wouldn't have reflected very highly on him in players' eyes

Spoiler

Dutch was an a-hole in both games. (In my opinion.)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, buttlint said:

I am confused. 

Are you saying that because the clip from above was from the original Red Dead Redemption, that it doesnt pertain to the history of Abigail? The original game clearly says that Abby was a woman with a past. It specifically points out that she was a prostitute, in the gang, and was servicing members of the gang, and getting work on the side.

Or.....Are you trying to say that because this is RDR2, that her slate gets wiped clean and we should just forget about what transpired in the original game? I can totally understand if you never played the original game that you wouldnt know her history. But are we supposed put spoiler tags on any references to the original game?

  Reveal hidden contents

Dutch was an a-hole in both games. (In my opinion.)

 

As I said previously, that aspect of Abigail's past has been retconned. While she had still previously been a prostitute, she didn't act as one for the gang at any point at least in RDR2's timespan. None of the women in the gang did. And I doubt it ever happened considering no one, not even Abigail, mentions doing it at any point in RDR2. I know what Dutch said in RDR1, but events in RDR2 that we see with our own eyes clearly contradict it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...