Vibrate/Yellow Swirl for hidden objects!

I am currently on my third play through of RDR2 Story Mode. I have played a bunch online, but needed a break from everyone who is in a posse but doesn't want to contribute to the posse, shooting me while I am hunting, fishing, or otherwise minding my own business. This game is so deep that even on my third time through single player story mode, there is so much different from the other two times I completed the game.

My question is this... When I play online, there is controller vibration and yellow swirls (when using dead eye) that occur when you are close to hidden objects or even objects in the clear that are of interest (cigarette cards, flowers, legendary animal clues, etc.). It has been long enough since the last time I played single player story mode that I cannot remember if it ever occurred in the past, but I almost feel like it did/should have..

Am I wrong? Missing something? Is there a setting that needs to be changed? Maybe I am just straight up crazy and am experiencing the Mandela Effect? Let me know if it works for you and not me, I guess!

From what I can remember (or think I remember), I want to say yes but honestly.....I can't say for sure.  

I have been meaning to do another playthrough of the singe-player game but was holding out hope there might be a PS5 version of the game that gets released before I do.

The yellow swirls are real. You will see them on things like dinosaur bones, alligator nests, dream catchers, and random secrets. Your eagle eye (dead eye if you have a weapon drawn) will show you the yellow sparkles anytime there is something of interest nearby. Another is the whiskey tree in The Heartlands will sparkle on one of the swinging bottles to show you which one is holding a gold nugget. The yellow sparkles are all over the map, showing you all sorts of nifty little secrets. It's kinda like the white sparkles showing you all the nearby plants that you can pick.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

I have been meaning to do another playthrough of the singe-player game but was holding out hope there might be a PS5 version of the game that gets released before I do.

Don't hold your breath. Rockstar is currently putting all their focus on GTA6. If there's a PS5 release of RDR, it will most likely end up being an RDR3 game. I'm not a prophet, but I confidently believe that it will be a long time before they put much work in on the Red Dead Redemption series as far as re-releases and sequels go.

Edited by The Blackangel