Shark Tooth Trinket

The Blackangel

Question

I stumbled on this a few weeks ago, and had no knowledge of it until I found it. My question is simple though. Is this a special/ultimate edition exclusive? The same way the iguana scale and eagle talon trinkets are? I've found several things that I never would have thought of, purely by accident. Fluorite, ammolite, and female fertility statue just to name a few. I have the Ultimate edition of the game, despite me not being an online gamer. So I'm just really curious if ti's an exclusive or not.

6 answers to this question

I would imagine it's some kind edition bonus, but I don't know the details.

It was added in the same update that added the Evans repeater, LeMat revolver, High Roller revolver and M1899 pistol to the game. There are four other new trinkets added as well. The Cat Eye Trinket can be found in a lock box on one of the islands west of Braithwaite Manor, the Raven's Beak Trinket is the final reward for the Elemental Trail treasure hunt, and Hawk Talon Trinket can be found in a lock box at a destroyed camp at Deadboot Creek in Grizzlies West, and the Turtle Shell Trinket can be found beneath some stairs on the largest building at Gaptooth Breach.

I didn't know those guns were addons in the game. I've only played the special/ultimate editions of the game, so I'm sure I missed a lot from the regular edition. But it's cool to know exactly what addons the special/ultimate editions had.

The guns were originally exclusive to Red Dead Online, but were added to Story Mode in the 1.15 update. The Evans can be bought from any gun shop, the High Roller from any fence, and the LeMat and M1899 from the Saint Denis gun shop. I don't know which individual missions exactly unlock them all, but I know the High Roller is unlocked after completing the riverboat robbery in Chapter 4.

If you have a save with the story complete at least up to Beaver Hollow, you should be able to go to all these places and pick them up.

I'm disappointed that they didn't add the Navy Revolver, though. It was released into Online not long before 1.15.

If you've played the special/ultimate editions, then you haven't missed anything in the regular one. It's the other way around: regular edition people who miss out on content from those editions.

I think I worded my statement wrong. I mean that I didn't know what items (specifically) were in the ultimate/special editions of the game that weren't in the regular copy. After having played the ultimate edition, I honestly don't think I could play the regular one. I'm spoiled. It's the same way in Diablo II. I couldn't play it without the expansion pack either.

I'm a nerd.

On 8/18/2022 at 2:25 AM, Parzival said:

Hawk Talon Trinket can be found in a lock box at a destroyed camp at Deadboot Creek in Grizzlies West

I have to tell you, that one was a job for me to find. The cat eye was fairly simple. The only challenge there was finding the correct island. Considering that there so few islands, and that I was already fully familiar with biggest of them, it was easy enough. But actually finding that campsite with the hawk talon was a bitch.

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I have to tell you, that one was a job for me to find. The cat eye was fairly simple. The only challenge there was finding the correct island. Considering that there so few islands, and that I was already fully familiar with biggest of them, it was easy enough. But actually finding that campsite with the hawk talon was a bitch.

Yeah, I could have been more specific in where it was. Sorry. 🙃