Honor

The Blackangel

Question

Is it possible to get perfect honor prior to chapter 6? I’ve never seen it happen, but at the same time see no reason why it couldn’t happen. Unless the scripters wrote the game that way. I personally like to keep the game in chapter 2 and/or 3 for a lot of reasons. So I’m curious if trying for it would be wasted effort. I keep my honor as high as I can get it, but can’t seem to get it past a certain point, no matter how many good deeds I do, or how many times I do chores around camp and donate to the box. Or how many fish I throw back.

20EB9792-AFD7-468D-BF10-95329B55D346.jpeg

3 answers to this question

You know, I've never actually noticed if I've gotten perfect honor prior to Chapter 6. I imagine it can be done. Throwing fish back, doing chores, and complimenting people actually awards a minuscule amount of honor, though. I had to do all three dozens of times each before noticing a difference in the meter. Then I usually end up doing something to toss it all away. I just hate those times when you accidentally shoot someone six times or blow their leg off with a shotgun, don't you? 😒

If you think about it, Chapter 2 is the best chapter in the game for two simple reasons:

*Dutch isn't nuts yet (I mean, aside from that time in camp when he randomly blurts out to Arthur that Arthur will betray him).

*Micah's in jail.

😄

• Like 1

The most annoying thing is when you're in town and try to mount up on your horse, but accidentally mount a horse that isn't yours. You lose honor and end up with the sheriff after you. It's the reason I ride the white Arabian. I'm colorblind, and easily mistake other horses for mine. Especially at night. And since the only white horses I've ever seen are either The Count or Shire horses, it's easy for me to distinguish mine. And to make sure I can tell mine from The Count in camp, I always color her tail black.

You're dead on that chapter 2 is the best. The camp is still tight as blood, Micah's not around, and you can get things done that you want to focus on. Like getting the Legend Of The East satchel, collecting items to make money (gold bars for instance) or trying to find your preferred horse breed. Typically that means breaking and bonding with a wild horse.

Another question about honor comes to mind.
Have you ever gotten honor dinged just for riding into camp? Or is that just some jackass sh*t that happens to me for some unknown reason?

Edited by The Blackangel

I've mounted the wrong horse a number of times regardless of what the colors are. It just happens sometimes.

That's because you ruined the surprise party Dutch planned for Arthur! Abigail made her delicious stew, Strauss used his loansharking money to buy the decorations, Micah had the perfect cake baked, Mary-Beth had practiced her pole routine. It was going to be perfect! 😧