Installation time for Ultimate Edition (PS4)

Jackthestripper

I started installing as soon as I got home with it last night, and the PlayStation went into rest mode after a few hours. When I woke up at it only had installed a gig so I turned it back on.  My data disc has been installing for 3 hours.  It says there's 6 hrs left.

I'm hearing and reading everywhere that it takes around 90 minutes.  Is this accurate? 

20181026_084829.jpg

Just now, Jackthestripper said:

my wife and I are moving today and tomorrow.

Yeah I saw that, sorry to hear man. Glad you got out of there at least, that's the important part.

My xbox is goofy sometimes with big installs. Sometimes it will install the whole game just fine, sometimes it installs 2g and stops.

Then again, you're installing off a disc... I have no idea. Is it getting hot?

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

Yeah I saw that, sorry to hear man. Glad you got out of there at least, that's the important part.

My xbox is goofy sometimes with big installs. Sometimes it will install the whole game just fine, sometimes it installs 2g and stops.

Then again, you're installing off a disc... I have no idea. Is it getting hot?

It isn't any warmer than usual. The first disc is done now, I just put in the play disc when it asked me to about 2 minutes ago. It says there's another 6 hours left. Well, back to the move I guess LOL... (Not actually laughing but you know what I mean)  but seriously, I'm just happy it's making progress and I'm sure everything will be fine. Time will tell.

• Like 1

PS4 just crashed. Came home after shopping with my wife, and it's back in rest mode and won't even turn on now. Oh well. Glad to hear about the other people are enjoying the game. Hopefully I will soon too. Quite devastating to be honest.

Okay so I unplugged it, let it cool down for a few minutes plugged it back in and rebooted it. It's continuing to install now. It was kind of cramped up in my wall unit, now there's a lot more air flow around the console so maybe that will help. Fingers crossed LOL

Edited by Jackthestripper
  • Like 1

I have the digital version of the ultimate edition and it took me like an hour to download the game no problem. I got really good internet though, depending on your internet it may vary, unless someone the process of your installation got slowed down and messed up. 

Well in fact, my internet is not the greatest...

1 hour ago, DylBandit said:

I have the digital version of the ultimate edition and it took me like an hour to download the game no problem. I got really good internet though, depending on your internet it may vary, unless someone the process of your installation got slowed down and messed up. 

right now it says there's around a hundred minutes left. Seems to be could be going much better and the console is not nearly as warm.  I think the game will be fine once it's finally finished.

On 10/26/2018 at 11:46 AM, BropolloCreed79 said:

I have the factory HD, and it took me about 90 minutes to install.  Did the data disc first.

Found out that my hard drive was fried. Found a simple solution for that. My wife gave me an early Christmas gift, a 1TB PS4 slim. Playing and enjoying the game now! MEEEEEEERRY CHRISTMAS!