R* Does Not Plan to Reset Red Dead Online Progress during Beta

BropolloCreed79

An official statement has been made by R* regarding questions by players about potential online progression resets either during or at the end of Beta.

The Red Dead Online official Beta Status Update can be read here in it's entirety, but I've chosen to sticky the thread and post the relevant portion below to provide as much clarity as possible.

From the release (emphasis mine):

December 4th, 2018 Update:

We appreciate all the continued feedback we are receiving on the Red Dead Online Beta. For players concerned about the potential for progress and stat resets, we currently do not have any plans to reset them as part of the Beta’s rollout. We are currently still working on game stability and economy balancing for an update that we hope to release later this week. Please stay tuned for more news to come.

This is in no way a guarantee as to whether or not R* will reset online progression at the end of Beta--the statement is carefully worded to only cover the Beta's rollout, and NOT the "Gold" or "Live" version of the Red Dead Online experience.  I would caution each and every user to take this information under advisement, but to date, I would note that R* has not officially stated a position on the intent for the changeover from Beta to full release. 

The only thing the statement clarifies is the intent to avoid a progression wipe during the lifespan of the beta.  Once the beta has concluded, we do not know what the current intent of R* is regarding player progression.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/5/2018 at 9:17 PM, BropolloCreed79 said:

"For players concerned about the potential for progress and stat resets, we currently do not have any plans to reset them as part of the Beta’s roll out."

Dear me,  how much more vague can R* get?

Myself I am an avid  modern historian; political and economic......  Now I have not seen in any book that in 1938 when the Munich Agreement was rendered, that Hitler voiced any intention to invade Poland (Well, half of Poland of course, Russia invaded the rest in 1939 about three weeks after Germany on the basis of the late August 1939 Molotov-Ribbentrop peace pact ... But the west forgets that irritating fact. Indeed Hitler famously promised the Czech Sudetenland, was it, no more.

When someone says "We do not have any plans"  It can mean we certainly intend to reset the whole shebang, or attack the country....... but presently there are no detailed plans ......  It is rather an inference, which  people are meant to jump on because people only hear what they like to hear. They like to justify what others say to make themselves feel safe.

The most that quote of R* covers is .... well really nothing actually, it says nothing.... except that R* definitely plans to make all sorts of changes (if you read the full piece)

So I really wouldn't be breathing too easy; grinders.