How to deal with those that Shadow or Ghost other players?

YodaMan 3D

I have read online when a player does something that makes his character gray out, yet they are able to move and shoot.  Which is what happened to me.  2 players attacked me in Valentine a few times on the verge just doing it for being a pain.  So at 1st I let them have their fun so I could get on with what I was doing.  They just wouldn't quit, so I shot back and they took off making it so if I wanted to finish this then I would have to chase.   By this time they already interrupted what I was doing.  So I chased.  They eventually, just stopped and hopped off their horses and immediately turn gray.  I fired a couple of shots and they didn't seem affected.   Figuring they just punked out and immediately start shooting and eventually killing me.  They was still grayed out, yet I was not able to hurt them at all.   So I said F that and moved on, figuring just avoidance would be the only way to get away from those cheats and then I have seen others doing it.  

I have heard it called Shadowing and I have heard it called Ghosting,  Yet to find out how to do it and so not sure what to say to Rockstar to see if they can fix this BS.  Online is not going to be fun if this is how players are going to deal with PvP.

• Like 1

I recon they're either using a lag switch or the "standby" button on the modem/router.

It's an old trick used by players of questionable skill or ethics to gain the upper hand in online game play, especially in shooters.

Sadly, there's very little R* can do to prevent this from happening, because it's an action taken by the player to interrupt the flow of data between the console and the Internet, and not specific to the game itself. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2