Autosaves

gamerfan1010

I’m playing the game where before a mission I do a manual save so I can reload that save in case I don’t get gold the first time thru-that way I can play it again with all the guns I currently have and other items such as tobacco, etc-but I’ve noticed that when I do this that the auto save mission name updates to the one I’m on and asks if I want to overwrite it-I’m assuming I would pick no, but this turns off auto save if I remember correct-so what would the be correct way to do this? I’m doing it this way to not have to choose the option to replay mission from progress screen-any help would be much appreciated 😀

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gamerfan1010 said:

@Hammer would doing that allow me to do missions how I want tho to get golds how i am trying to?

You can always save before initiating the mission and reload as needed. I always ignored the auto save and used my own.

@Truth I do make a manual save before starting a mission-the issue is when I complete it, I don’t know if I hit the requirements for gold( and I have a guide so I know what they are before starting the mission)-so with auto save on, if I chose to overwrite the auto save and don’t get gold, then I screw myself-if I turn off autosave, would I be able to replay the missions to get gold as often as needed, with all the guns and supplies I have acquired up till then? 

1 minute ago, gamerfan1010 said:

if I chose to overwrite the auto save and don’t get gold, then I screw myself

If you overwrite the auto save, you can still just load your manual save that you made before starting the mission. The auto save is a separate save file.

4 minutes ago, gamerfan1010 said:

@Truth I do make a manual save before starting a mission-the issue is when I complete it, I don’t know if I hit the requirements for gold( and I have a guide so I know what they are before starting the mission)-so with auto save on, if I chose to overwrite the auto save and don’t get gold, then I screw myself-if I turn off autosave, would I be able to replay the missions to get gold as often as needed, with all the guns and supplies I have acquired up till then? 

you can't overwrite the autosave with a manual save. for what you're doing i'd turn autosave off and just use manual saves.  Don't over write your previous save until you run out room and are forced to, then overwrite the oldest (bottom) saves first.

On 1/21/2019 at 10:34 AM, gamerfan1010 said:

@Kormath and doing that would allow me to accomplish my goal and allow me to replay as much as needed with all my guns and supplies to try and get golds? I’m a little confused by what you mean about not overwriting previous saves till I run out of room-could you please clarify? 

Your save game screen only holds a certain number of saves, if i recall correctly.  once you've used all of those up you'll have to reuse them.  If you reuse the saves on the bottom first (the oldest) you can still go back and replay previous missions as far back as your saves allow.

If i'm mistaken and the save game list is endless then nevermind.  just keep saving in new slots.