Trouble receiving mail in the game.

Gritz

Okay I probably missed a prompt some where, but do I or do I not need to receive mail from specific post offices?  i.e. From where I mailed stuff out.  Reason I ask is because I have the pick up your mail symbol on my map.  I try multiple different post offices only for there to be no mail.   

Edited by Gritz

16 hours ago, Gritz said:

Okay I probably missed a prompt some where, but do I or do I not need to receive mail from specific post offices?  i.e. From where I mailed stuff out.  Reason I ask is because I have the pick up your mail symbol on my map.  I try multiple different post offices only for there to be no mail.   

Usually have to wait a full 24hr after mailing something off, like the bones, fish, carvings, to get a return response in the mail.  With the bones i don't recall getting something back every time, might skip a few to get a reward?

1 minute ago, Kormath said:

Usually have to wait a full 24hr after mailing something off, like the bones, fish, carvings, to get a return response in the mail.  With the bones i don't recall getting something back every time, might skip a few to get a reward?

I believe the bones were every 5 or so.

I felt like some things took more than a day though (even when the guide specified it would only take a day).

12 minutes ago, Truth said:

I believe the bones were every 5 or so.

I felt like some things took more than a day though (even when the guide specified it would only take a day).

that's what i was going off of, what the guide said.  I never really paid attention.  I'd mail the things off then go do something else until i saw the popup that i had mail waiting.

9 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

When you have mail, you can pick it up at any post office. You don’t need to go to a specific one. 

What marker do you see? It might be the  exclamation mark that indicates you have a bounty to pay off. 

The marker is not the exclamation mark but the symbol saying that mail should be available.  However, the option to receive it isn’t available.  Eventually I will go around and one of the post offices will allow me to pick up my mail.  That being said I have made complete laps of the post offices before without being able to receive the mail. 

6 minutes ago, Gritz said:

The marker is not the exclamation mark but the symbol saying that mail should be available.  However, the option to receive it isn’t available.  Eventually I will go around and one of the post offices will allow me to pick up my mail.  That being said I have made complete laps of the post offices before without being able to receive the mail. 

try camping and going back.  you may have an open mission or conflict.