Horses and Spoilers

ZachW

Question

Someone spoiled red Dead redemption 2 for me and told me that my horse dies at the end. I just got a white Arabian and I really don't want to lose it. Should I just stable it away and use my backup horse or should I just risk it.

16 answers to this question

@ZachW stable won't save it... I thought the same thing and threw My Horse in there. Sadly, he didn't make it...

Spoiler

You have until the end of chapter 6 to enjoy the horse.

I believe there is a farm somewhere that has a white Arabian spawn, but I'm not entirely sure about it. I think @Kormath had mentioned it?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Truth said:

@ZachW stable won't save it... I thought the same thing and threw My Horse in there. Sadly, he didn't make it...

Reveal hidden contents

You have until the end of chapter 6 to enjoy the horse.

I believe there is a farm somewhere that has a white Arabian spawn, but I'm not entirely sure about it. I think @Kormath had mentioned it?

There's a barn in St. Denis with random horses.  There's a post here somewhere about it.

Not sure if you can get the White Arabian there.  You can buy the other Arabians in the stables in chapter 4, not sure they'll be available in the prologue, i haven't made it through chapter 4 yet ;) 

Attached picture of the barn location just north edge of St. Denis (at least i think that's where it is).

horse barn.jpg

Edited by Kormath
added jpg
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kormath said:

There's a post here somewhere about it.

I tried looking for it, gave up after 5 minutes.

11 minutes ago, Kormath said:

not sure they'll be available in the prologue,

I'll try to look into it if I remember. Still need to find that damn moose too...

Just now, Truth said:

I tried looking for it, gave up after 5 minutes.

I'll try to look into it if I remember. Still need to find that damn moose too...

the save game and reload works.  but it's really tedious.  i get a moose (so far 1 or 2 stars) every 6 or 7 reloads.  And the trinket doesn't seem to work on these to upgrade the skin from 2 star to perfect.

4 minutes ago, Kormath said:

the save game and reload works.  but it's really tedious.  i get a moose (so far 1 or 2 stars) every 6 or 7 reloads.  And the trinket doesn't seem to work on these to upgrade the skin from 2 star to perfect.

Luckily I only care about skinning it, doesn't have to be a 3 star. It DOES have to be a female though, so it'll probably take just as much effort...

Thanks for adding the picture.

16 hours ago, Kormath said:

yeah but you can't get them until chapter 4.  So why not get the best horse in the game prior to chapter 4 when you start chapter 2?

But they are not the best horses in the game lol. The Turkoman and Fox Trotter offer more.  I had the Fox Trotter in Chapter 2 never looked back. 

6 hours ago, dredd1961 said:

But they are not the best horses in the game lol. The Turkoman and Fox Trotter offer more.  I had the Fox Trotter in Chapter 2 never looked back. 

bullsh*t.  They're not found in the wild.  How'd you get one in chapter 2?  You can't buy the Champagne until chapter 4 and the Silver Dapple until the epilogue.

4 hours ago, Kormath said:

bullsh*t.  They're not found in the wild.  How'd you get one in chapter 2?  You can't buy the Champagne until chapter 4 and the Silver Dapple until the epilogue.

I haven't tried this myself, but can't you hijack an NPC's horse and make it your own?

43 minutes ago, Truth said:

I haven't tried this myself, but can't you hijack an NPC's horse and make it your own?

sure, kill the rider, calm their horse then ride it around and bond with it,  no point in saddling it till level 1 bonding and it responds to your whistle, once saddled it's your primary horse.  Problem is nobody is riding a fox trotter in the open world, and i don't think you can keep one from doing a mission, if you can find one that way, but maybe i'm wrong.

Edited by Kormath

1 hour ago, Kormath said:

sure, kill the rider, calm their horse then ride it around and bond with it,  no point in saddling it till level 1 bonding and it responds to your whistle, once saddled it's your primary horse.  Problem is nobody is riding a fox trotter in the open world, and i don't think you can keep one from doing a mission, if you can find one that way, but maybe i'm wrong.

I could've sworn I saw them strapped to a carriage at some point... Never really bothered with the horses much.

Just now, Truth said:

I could've sworn I saw them strapped to a carriage at some point... Never really bothered with the horses much.

huh maybe.  i'll have to look around tonight while i'm out hunting and killing people in van horn, i mean doing challenges.

• Haha 1

played for a few hours last night, studied every wagon/coach/etc. that i encountered, not one fox trotter.  Did find out i hadn't studied a shire yet so that was a bonus ;)  Most of my time was spent around St. Denis doing the exotic mission, then rode up to Strawberry to get the orchids near there.

Edited by Kormath