Jump to content
  • 0

Fun things to do


ZachW
 Share

Question

I do not want to rush through the story so I want to find some fun things to do. I've thought about hunting legendary animals but I'm only chapter 3 so I don't know how many I can hunt. I've already found a white Arabian. What are some things I could do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
8 minutes ago, ZachW said:

I do not want to rush through the story so I want to find some fun things to do. I've thought about hunting legendary animals but I'm only chapter 3 so I don't know how many I can hunt. I've already found a white Arabian. What are some things I could do?

you can hunt all the legendary animals but the 3 in New Austin,  I would strongly suggest hunting and getting the Legend of the east Satchel.  Also start the legendary fish, you can catch all but 3 of them, the last 3 being in New Austin.

There's the challenges - the gunslinger, bandit, herbalist, etc.  

I've been playing the game almost every night since it's release, and i've only made it into chapter 4, because i wanted to unlock that dead eye bonus.  You have to unlock the horse fence in chapter 3 for a bandit challenge.

Then there's the treasure hunts,

Then finding all the rock carvings.

then finding all the dinosaur bones (there's a few in New Austin),

then just going out and exploring and seeing all the awesomeness that's in the game.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

@ZachW I strongly recommend working toward the Legends of the East Satchel. Took me a lot of time, but I had a lot of fun doing it. It allows you to hold 99 of almost every item, so it will surely come in handy. You can get it without doing the work at the end of the game, but it's hardly necessary at that point. It's best to get the satchel upgraded early on.

I'd also recommend working on the challenges as you go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
8 minutes ago, Truth said:

@ZachW I strongly recommend working toward the Legends of the East Satchel. Took me a lot of time, but I had a lot of fun doing it. It allows you to hold 99 of almost every item, so it will surely come in handy. You can get it without doing the work at the end of the game, but it's hardly necessary at that point. It's best to get the satchel upgraded early on.

I'd also recommend working on the challenges as you go.

I found the panther to be the easier of the big cats.  My score versus the cougar is much worse than the panther ;)  Probably because the panther is in that one small area only, and the cougar is all over the map almost.  I got attacked by one going into Annesburg the other day.  Luckily I was close enough to the town it ran off after the first attack, so i was able to finish the cougar in the compendium by tracking it then.  

When hunting them use scent cover and crouch and creep around the area they spawn in until you hear them growl, then eagle eye until you spot them and blam dead cat.  Just wish my son would have told me that 2 months ago instead of 2 weeks or so ago lol, i wouldn't have had such a hard time with them as i did way back when.

Edited by Kormath
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, Kormath said:

because the panther is in that one small area only

That was the biggest reason for my struggles.

4 minutes ago, Kormath said:

When hunting them use scent cover and crouch and creep around the area they spawn in until you hear them growl, then eagle eye until you spot them and blam dead cat.

And that was the second biggest reason lol

Once you get attacked by a few cougars, you realize that they all do the same thing. You hear the growl as a warning. As long as you're aware of that, you can get the kill REALLY easily. Cougars will seek you out more often than not. The panther will jump you, but you still have to find it first... I never did find it in that second location.

11 minutes ago, Kormath said:

then just going out and exploring and seeing all the awesomeness that's in the game.

Even at 100% completion, there's a ton I have yet to see. I feel like that 100% is more like 75%. It even says in the guide that there is more content it doesn't mention.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Literally everything short of fishing is fun in this game:

Want to go on a murder spree without getting a wanted level?  Go to Van Horn.

Hunt, rob, or steal your way to happiness.

Shoot a fish.

Blow up a stagecoach (it takes a bit of dynamite and ingenuity, but it CAN be done).

Beat up a newspaper boy.

Punch a horse.

Throw someone off a bridge!

Sure, there's plenty of "nice" things to do, but other than patting a dog in town, the "nice" things.... are kind of boring--let's admit it, I'm not the only one who fantasized about putting one in the back of little Jack's head on that fishing trip and calling it a day, right?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
27 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

Blow up a stagecoach (it takes a bit of dynamite and ingenuity, but it CAN be done).

The last 3 or 4 stagecoach missions i went on i just blew them up, was much easier.  a well timed toss of the dynamite and boom, you got a busted up stage, dead guards, and dead horses to give you that red honor.  

29 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I'm not the only one who fantasized about putting one in the back of little Jack's head on that fishing trip and calling it a day, right?

you might be ;)  my thought was to throw him in the river downstream where it was deeper so he could learn to swim.

What i liked doing was shooting lone horsemen at the river crossings then chasing their horse into the river and killing it to get the red honor, then watch them and see how far down stream they would float.

Never did beat up the newspaper boy,  shot him though, and he was selling papers the next day with his head and left eye wrapped in bandages.  Tough kid.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...