Florida Panther Becoming Much Harder

izzyandconnorsdad

Question

I'm on my third story mission. Like some, I breezed through the first two trying to see what high and low honor would be. This time, I am taking my time to the point of getting everything done (I'm still in Chapter Two with 38% completion of the entire game somehow). 

Both times I got the Panther before, it took one hunt. In fact, the first time the dumb thing jumped me on the road and I dead eyed it with the Lancaster to the head. 

I have spent over 60 real life hours trying to get it this time. I've only seen two. I've spent countless days there, gone through over 30 potent predator baits ... it's insane. 

Any tips? I've watched every video. Never had a problem like this before. The two I've seen, I've killed. Both one star. 

I have the week off and I literally spent the past two days doing nothing but panther hunting. 

3 answers to this question

Feel free to delete or...if you want answers, I did it a different way. 

Do not bait, do not cover scent. Also, a lot of videos have you going to Catfish Jackson's location or closer to that area. Go to the triangle in the road and back near Old Harry Fen. One will spawn almost immediately. It was insane. After all that time. I just got four perfect ones in a row in 20 minutes. I'm not but 100 yards from where I've been. 

Man I wish it was that easy for me. I used that same spot with bait before. The first time, I got a perfect panther but panicked and shot it twice (ruining the pelt), then I had two imperfect cats that I shot and dumped in the sea. Then another perfect one walk right past me and for some reason, I slipped on the weapon wheel and knifed it instead of shooting it cleanly. After that, I don’t see another one so started looking in vain for blackberries to make the potent Bait. 

I’m on my second play of the game now, so I’ll try again. 

4 hours ago, izzyandconnorsdad said:

Do not bait, do not cover scent.

Bait no, i think it was a coincidence when it worked for me at first.  Cover scent is a must.  The circled areas in the attached pic are the best spots to hunt them.

What i do - 

camp until evening just north of these areas,  usually puts you in a camp on the road just under the S in "Meadows" on the map.  I always wear headphones hunting panther and cougar to hear them easier. I use the Springfield rifle with Express rounds, apply cover scent, crouch walk through the forest there in the circled areas, usually the southern one,  i don't hunt much in eastern circle unless i can't get a spawn in the lower area.

Eagle eye every 50 - 60 feet or so, check all around you, rinse and repeat.  When you hear the growl the panther is near, eagle eye and find him, dead eye and shoot him in the face.  Perfect pelt every time.

2019-01-04_085354.jpg

Edited by Kormath