Lovely little sesh

MaryW

I'd not played much the last three days, but jumped in solo again last night. A meat-space mate popped over my house so we had a brandy and then another bottle.
I wasn't really playing, just mooching and my game-play reflected this. I was in a saloon, sipping beers and whiskys, wandering about and waving to the NPCs.
A real life person showed up. waved, had a beer.  Then another. We all got hair-cuts and drank more whisky and before too long there were a couple of posses, all of us getting drunk and getting along. For fun we tried out the posse feud thing which was a laugh, everyone opting for fists and having a good old brawl. Every now and then I'd respawn away from my drink so would rush back into town, sometimes forgetting and blasting my sawn-off cos I was drunk in real life and it was a case of shoot first, open eyes later. 
More brandy in real life. More drinks at the saloon. It seemed like the entire server was in this bar just having a mooch.
Are these all actual people, asked my mate :D
Those updates appeared in the midst of all this but I was too 'tipsy' to notice any change.
Good fun.
So, woke up with a real, undigital hangover, loaded up the PS, cantered to a saloon, had more drinks and stood in the road, waving, drinking, and it happened again. People showed up, waved, drank, acted odd and good, punched a couple of pedestrians and galloped away.
Good fun. I'm still there, I think. Rhodes? Dunno. Need tea and an aspirin. :D

• Haha 1

Love it!  

You sure you aren't imagining it?  i've never seen any player interaction online without griefing, but then again i've only played a total of maybe 4 hours.

I hear a great cure for hangover is strong tea (with brandy) and honey.  :)

I too have experienced times like this. It does happen but you have to be on a good server for it. I remember walking into a group getting drunk and then having races in the middle of the town. It was hilarious to watch and listen to. I think the one guy may have been streaming it.

I think if you stand, wave, drink at enough people a like-minded person will show up, Kormath. I'm defo gonna try it next time I'm having a real drink at home.
It's great fun ain't it LinXX. I'm going to try it in that same bar, the one that does haircuts. I wonder if you drink too much in-game it'll give you some bad-decision haircut options?

Hopefully the new anti-griefing methods will go some way towards making it more fun for non-griefers, VampireKrush. I hope so because I never bother storing pelts or carcasses on my horse cos why bother unless you're running straight to the butcher, and even then you risk losing it.