Rdr2 online version

Kwabs

Question

I downloaded the deluxe version of rdr2 from the ps store with a friends account, now I want to get the game from ps store for my psn .Do I have to buy the same version or any other version without downloading the whole game again 

Edited by Kwabs

3 answers to this question

If you have part of the files on your PS already, it should only have to update them and add what you are missing. I am not 100% certain but this is how anything else has ever worked for me. You will have to try it out and see what happens. The thing I am not sure about is that you used a friend's account.

So you have the deluxe version on your console but will be downgrading it to the regular version? If I were you, I would just delete that then buy your own copy cause it might screw up the game through save files and what not.

11 hours ago, mizTik said:

So you have the deluxe version on your console but will be downgrading it to the regular version? If I were you, I would just delete that then buy your own copy cause it might screw up the game through save files and what not.

saves should be under the profiles, so they shouldn't be affected. I've done this on the xbox with a hard copy then buying the digital version later without any issues.   I upgraded the version though.  I don't think you'd have any issues if you used the same version, downgrading might cause problems.