No auto save

gamerfan1010

I’m wondering if it would hellp or not in getting gold medals if I turned off auto save? I woujd think it woujd, but want to make sure I do it right and don’t lose any progress ( I’m a little over halfway into chapter 2 and already have 12 golds as well as several side mission items complete ) any advice would be great 😀

I don’t think that auto save has any impact at all on story or gaining gold medals. 

Its usually better to go for medals on the first attempt as replaying missions will equip you with a default horse and load out and can make the mission replay a bit more challenging. 

@Foxtrot I agree with you-I’m trying to get them the first go around too-I’m asking because I played a mission last night where I thought I might have gotten gold and did a manual save before it-I got the option to overwrite the auto save with the manual one and since it doesn’t show what you get for medals till after I chose yes. I ended up not getting gold so now when I replay I have a very basic loadout like you said-I’m just trying to avoid this happening in the future 

The best way i found is to look up the gold medal requirements online or in the strategy guide just as I start each mission.  

Or you can do a manual save before you get the the yellow mission marker.  Just knowing the gold medal requirements before you start is easier even though you get some of the details of the mission spoiled for you first. 

@Foxtrot I do both of those things-what I mean tho is that I wasn’t notified if I completed the gold requirements before getting the option to overwrite the auto save-that’s why I’m wondering if turning off auto save completely will alleviate this happening in the future, and have to do the replay with very basic loadout-I’m trying to get the 70 gold medals and am on a good pace (I’m at 12 golds and nit even thru chap 2 yet) 

@gamerfan1010 you've got 3 topics now, "autosave/manual save/no autosave"  I'm sure it could have been dealt with in 1 thread my dude.

In truth the autosave feature is golden for me, I NEVER save anything, I always forgot.  I now make a point when I complete whatever I'm doing I go back to Horseshoe Overlook and go to bed, then sleep and save when I wake up.