Can't find oat cakes in the weapon wheel under the horse tab?

Jackthestripper

So, I'm trying to find a way to get the oatcakes into my weapon wheel, under the horse tab. I have to get off my horse to feed him oatcakes. I have a ton of them, and I just can't seem to feed him oatcakes because they don't show up. I have to get off my horse to do it. Anybody know the trick?  

1 hour ago, Jackthestripper said:

So, I'm trying to find a way to get the oatcakes into my weapon wheel, under the horse tab. I have to get off my horse to feed him oatcakes. I have a ton of them, and I just can't seem to feed him oatcakes because they don't show up. I have to get off my horse to do it. Anybody know the trick?  

IIRC, you can at least get them to show up on the left item location.  Just scroll through the items in that spot until you get to the oatcakes and they should stay.  I know I had them there at one point when I ran out of hay.  

....and btw, hay is a great item to feed your horse as well if you didn't know.  ....and it's only 25 cents a pop.  :)

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

IIRC, you can at least get them to show up on the left item location.  Just scroll through the items in that spot until you get to the oatcakes and they should stay.  I know I had them there at one point when I ran out of hay.  

....and btw, hay is a great item to feed your horse as well if you didn't know.  ....and it's only 25 cents a pop.  :)

I do use hay as well quite often. I hold in L1, (while sitting on my horse, at a dead stop), go over to the horse tab, and click L2 to go through the entire list but the oatcakes just don't appear. For that matter the hay doesn't either. All I have is herbs and vegetables. I just wish I knew how to take something from my satchel and make it available in the weapon wheel. And it's just odd because when my wife plays, the oatcakes are in the weapon wheel under the horse tab for her. She feeds her horse while sitting on the horse all the time. Wasn't a problem in storyline but it is now LOL Anyhow, I do appreciate your input.

48 minutes ago, Jackthestripper said:

I do use hay as well quite often. I hold in L1, (while sitting on my horse, at a dead stop), go over to the horse tab, and click L2 to go through the entire list but the oatcakes just don't appear. For that matter the hay doesn't either. All I have is herbs and vegetables. I just wish I knew how to take something from my satchel and make it available in the weapon wheel. And it's just odd because when my wife plays, the oatcakes are in the weapon wheel under the horse tab for her. She feeds her horse while sitting on the horse all the time. Wasn't a problem in storyline but it is now LOL Anyhow, I do appreciate your input.

Something's wrong then. I know for a fact that hay will show in the left slot when I have it in my inventory. Not sure what's going on then.

24 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Something's wrong then. I know for a fact that hay will show in the left slot when I have it in my inventory. Not sure what's going on then.

Yeah man, something's totally wrong LOL... I mean I'll figure it out, I'll tinker around and see what I can figure out just thought maybe someone on here would know. I'll definitely let you know what I figure out

On 1/28/2019 at 10:13 PM, Kean_1 said:

So, here's something interesting....shortly after your comment to my post, I decided to replay a story mission, and I noticed them show up on the left side of the weapon wheel, under the horse tab.  No problem, guess it worked itself out.  Then after the mission I decided to feed the horse some oatcakes.  But they were gone again!? So I started another mission and there they were.  Must be some type of glitch or something because now, they ONLY show up there while doing a mission.  Super weird!