Peer to Peer Blues

jnaron_ngc

Hey y'all

I have been in contact with R* support for over a month. https://www.rdr2.org/forums/topic/4043-constant-disconnects/.

After researching a little I find out they always use P2P for all their games to increase profits. After 63 emails in this chain with them, and 2 phone calls,  I was basically told, there are millions not having this issue, so thanks for trying,  goodbye.

13 hours ago, jnaron_ngc said:

Hey y'all

I have been in contact with R* support for over a month. https://www.rdr2.org/forums/topic/4043-constant-disconnects/.

After researching a little I find out they always use P2P for all their games to increase profits. After 63 emails in this chain with them, and 2 phone calls,  I was basically told, there are millions not having this issue, so thanks for trying,  goodbye.

What you got is them playing the numbers.  If they feel that a percent of their player base unable to play the game is acceptable loss.  They going on the they can't make everyone happy, why try.  Most corporations have a acceptable loss rate.  For arguments sake let's say that magic number is 10%, so if 90% + is happy then they have done well and no concerns.  If it gets to be 11%, then they will put down their cup of coffee and hit the fix button, which takes time and resources.  Sad to say you fall into the happy casualty category.  

Now if you really  wanted it fixed and this is just my personal experience over the years.  When you contact them about a complaint, make it sound as if you are benefiting from it.  They will code red that crap and have a hot fix in minutes.  They here complaints all day long, call up being happy and they have no clue how to deal with it.  Their little how to suggestion handbook, it doesn't cover happy customer and you will send their heads a spinning.   Just saying.

• Like 2

I second the benefits thing. Tell them that your friends are able to do things they shouldn't be because of disconnecting. Make something up. Like they are able to multiply their money or something. Maybe they will take it more seriously if they think it is legit. Hell, go an extra length and post some BS on Reddit, link to it and act like it isn't you. lol