Jump to content
  • 0

camp fiag


bones
 Share

Question

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
5 hours ago, bones said:

what good is the camp flag. every time I open catalog or craft in camp someone blows my head off

You're absolutely correct. We are not safe in this game, even in our camps. Rockstar screwed up. 

But it's a beta.

Here is a video of another player discovering what you have.

Rockstar's game is broken, unsafe and unfair at this point. You have to keep telling yourself "it's a beta."

This video was submitted to Rockstar but I recommend that you also let them know your thoughts at their feedback site

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback

At this point in this game's history, my suggestion to you is that you try and find some way to play this game so that it makes sense or is fair for you. You can go nuts trying to figure out how some of this game plays right now, especially if you paid attention to what Rockstar said the game was going to be.

But it's a beta.

It doesn't help that Rockstar's updates are so slow in coming and we find ourselves at Rockstar's mercy (and the mercy of griefing players like the ones shooting you while in camp) as we find ourselves waiting for updates to correct much of what is wrong.

Just remember, it's a beta. That's the only explanation you're going to get for the wrongheaded circumstances you'll find yourself in while playing this game at this point. But use the feedback feature to keep Rockstar up to date on what you feel needs fixing.

Did I mention it's a beta?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, Netnow66 said:

You're absolutely correct. We are not safe in this game, even in our camps. Rockstar screwed up. 

But it's a beta.

Here is a video of another player discovering what you have.

Rockstar's game is broken, unsafe and unfair at this point. You have to keep telling yourself "it's a beta."

This video was submitted to Rockstar but I recommend that you also let them know your thoughts at their feedback site

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback

At this point in this game's history, my suggestion to you is that you try and find some way to play this game so that it makes sense or is fair for you. You can go nuts trying to figure out how some of this game plays right now, especially if you paid attention to what Rockstar said the game was going to be.

But it's a beta.

It doesn't help that Rockstar's updates are so slow in coming and we find ourselves at Rockstar's mercy (and the mercy of griefing players like the ones shooting you while in camp) as we find ourselves waiting for updates to correct much of what is wrong.

Just remember, it's a beta. That's the only explanation you're going to get for the wrongheaded circumstances you'll find yourself in while playing this game at this point. But use the feedback feature to keep Rockstar up to date on what you feel needs fixing.

Did I mention it's a beta?

 

Beta my ass! Ever hear of a beta that has a store for microtransactions? 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
9 hours ago, Netnow66 said:

This video was submitted to Rockstar but I recommend that you also let them know your thoughts at their feedback site

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback

As Netnow66 mentioned, I would submit a trouble ticket with R*.  Make sure you click on the "Bug / Technical Issue" box in that link.  That will take you to their Support site where someone will respond to your report.  

Camps are a mixed bag as some don't have this issue while others do.  Hopefully they will tell you that it is among the known issues to R* and they are working on it.  I've had the same response regarding side missions not starting, friends not appearing on the in-game friends list when trying to invite them, not getting money for pelts at the butcher, etc.

.....and yes, the game is still in beta and will be well into the foreseeable future.  The title update will be coming "soon" although there is no release date they have provided.  Everything else is speculation.  As Netnow66 said, the best you can do is simply try to find ways to play the game in a way that works for you.  Work around the bugs and shortcomings but make sure you report them.  .....and submit your ideas and suggestions too.

My advice for those who are fed up with the game, R*, etc. and you've already provided feedback to them, maybe think about shelving it for a while or until the next TU comes out.  Just stay tuned here for news an updates.  Hell, even I might get to a point where I will put the game away for while.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 2/4/2019 at 11:54 AM, Kean_1 said:

My advice for those who are fed up with the game, R*, etc. and you've already provided feedback to them, maybe think about shelving it for a while or until the next TU comes out.  Just stay tuned here for news an updates.  Hell, even I might get to a point where I will put the game away for while.  

My friend got fed up with the game and was ready to just sell it. I told him to just contact Rockstar and let them know all of his issues and just take a break. I have been frustrated myself quite a number of times but it is worth waiting to see what the game looks like when it is done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
41 minutes ago, Skrylaxx said:

My friend got fed up with the game and was ready to just sell it. I told him to just contact Rockstar and let them know all of his issues and just take a break. I have been frustrated myself quite a number of times but it is worth waiting to see what the game looks like when it is done. 

Yeah, of course that's a personal decision but I agree. I buy all my titles these days digitally since I have never really sold off any game I ever bought.  

Personally, I prefer a wait and see approach rather than one based on the current state of the beta or negative speculation of what the future may hold but that's just me.  If the game turns out to take a direction I don't agree with then maybe I'll uninstall it at that point.  For now, I would rather see how it pans out even if that means taking breaks from the game until things get rolling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...