Unrecognised Disc problem.

MaryW

Question

I bought RDR2 on disc (because I wanted the maps) but now my PS4 won't recognise any discs.
Here's my question. If I I were to buy RDR2 again but this time as a download from the PS4 Store would I still retain my online character and stats.
Plus I assume I'd need to delete my old install too?

Any help would be welcome.

Edited by MaryW

17 answers to this question

Couple things I would try , clear caches on your ps , delete all unwanted games , make sure the discs are free of scratches and smudges. Restore licenses.  If none of those work it might be your ps system. Also if your ps has low hours you may need playstation support. They can trouble shoot things over the phone. 

36 minutes ago, MaryW said:

Cheers Chris. It's the laser I think.

Darn it all ! Well I'm thinking your rockstar account should remain at least.   May have to get new ps4 but it's good we are still in beta. As long as you remember your log in info you should be golden. Sorry to hear it went down on ya !

2 minutes ago, MaryW said:

I know!!! What a pain! 🙃
I'm seriously thinking of downloading it for £50 (special edition like my game-disc) and hoping it doesn't wipe my level 87 character. 🤢🤮

That's the ticket ! Keep your chin up ! If it does wipe your progress we have a couple different posses that would love to oblige and help.  It's a long grind and we have some methods of getting close to 1000 xp per mission. Lmk

Superb news (for me, anyway).
I deleted my old disc-installed RDR2 (cos the drive has stopped recognizing discs) and instead downloaded another copy from the PS4 store. My fear was that I'd lose my old online character and those level 87 stats but, joy and dancing ensues, my character was there waiting for me in the rain outside of Blackwater.
The extra download cost me £50 but if I sell the disc copy at CEX they'll give me £35 for it. I might as well get rid of Mass Effect: Andromeda, The South Park Fractured But Whole and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided while I'm there. Might recoup the whole £50. :D

Anyway, Chris. I'm up for some Posse grinding (that really doesn't sound right!!!) so hit me up and let's ride!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, MaryW said:

Superb news (for me, anyway).
I deleted my old disc-installed RDR2 (cos the drive has stopped recognizing discs) and instead downloaded another copy from the PS4 store. My fear was that I'd lose my old online character and those level 87 stats but, joy and dancing ensues, my character was there waiting for me in the rain outside of Blackwater.
The extra download cost me £50 but if I sell the disc copy at CEX they'll give me £35 for it. I might as well get rid of Mass Effect: Andromeda, The South Park Fractured But Whole and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided while I'm there. Might recoup the whole £50. :D

Anyway, Chris. I'm up for some Posse grinding (that really doesn't sound right!!!) so hit me up and let's ride!

Man that's awesome ! So happy to hear you didn't lose anything ! @Saffron we have a new posse member ! 

• Like 1

Same here, I love just trotting from a to b, shooting any animal that moves on the way to a stranger mission. Even when YouTube was groaning about the griefers I never really saw them as too much of a problem as there's always somewhere quiet you can go if need be. And anyway, it's good to be attacked every now and then, keeps things lively and lets you test your ability load-outs.

When you FR me make sure it's the correct Mary W. Most people end up friending another MaryW. Hers has a ladybird icon while mine, also a beetle, doesn't have spots and has extended mouth-parts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaryW said:

Same here, I love just trotting from a to b, shooting any animal that moves on the way to a stranger mission. Even when YouTube was groaning about the griefers I never really saw them as too much of a problem as there's always somewhere quiet you can go if need be. And anyway, it's good to be attacked every now and then, keeps things lively and lets you test your ability load-outs.

When you FR me make sure it's the correct Mary W. Most people end up friending another MaryW. Hers has a ladybird icon while mine, also a beetle, doesn't have spots and has extended mouth-parts.

Rodger that. The posse invite will either be western avengers or ghostly guns !  A good time will be had by all ! Let's do this ! I'm level 82 and have several over 100. We want everyone in our posse to have explosive ammo and we will grind untill we all have it. 

That's what I'm aiming towards, explosive and incendiary ammo. They're unlocked so now just raising the cash. I think my Never Without One needs upping to tier 3 too.
So yeah, catch yous all soon, looking forward to  it. C'mon teams Avenger n Guns! Let's kill a squirrel or two!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, MaryW said:

That's what I'm aiming towards, explosive and incendiary ammo. They're unlocked so now just raising the cash. I think my Never Without One needs upping to tier 3 too.
So yeah, catch yous all soon, looking forward to  it. C'mon teams Avenger n Guns! Let's kill a squirrel or two!

It's on !! We will leave nothing alive ! Lol let's rock !

Oops, I managed to miss yous all last night. I saw you come on at 3pm EST (8pm GMT) but I had a few people turn up at mine and lots of drinking rum happened so I correctly assumed my posse-concentration powers would be severely diminished. Friday nights sometimes take on a life of their own
Irregardless of all that, I hope yous all made a few aminals extinct and ground up a lot of XP.

Slightly off-topic. I dunno if you or the posses follow Outlaw Gary on YouTube? I found his latest upload very interesting. Basically, there's a place on an island where if you die you spawn at the exact same location. So if you can get a couple of posses to stand still at this spot a designated murderer or two can repeatedly and creatively kill them racking up lots of XP and achievement awards.
Check it out, looks like a bit of mad fun and a bit of a change from the usual YouTube tricks and tips:

• Haha 1

Yes, I  follow outlaw Gary all the glitches come from J Stone they just copy him check him out, think we must have got about 5000 XP & made about 400 bucks😉hope to see yo. today,

Edited by Ozy8753
Wrong info
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MaryW said:

Oops, I managed to miss yous all last night. I saw you come on at 3pm EST (8pm GMT) but I had a few people turn up at mine and lots of drinking rum happened so I correctly assumed my posse-concentration powers would be severely diminished. Friday nights sometimes take on a life of their own
Irregardless of all that, I hope yous all made a few aminals extinct and ground up a lot of XP.

Slightly off-topic. I dunno if you or the posses follow Outlaw Gary on YouTube? I found his latest upload very interesting. Basically, there's a place on an island where if you die you spawn at the exact same location. So if you can get a couple of posses to stand still at this spot a designated murderer or two can repeatedly and creatively kill them racking up lots of XP and achievement awards.
Check it out, looks like a bit of mad fun and a bit of a change from the usual YouTube tricks and tips:

Wow that's darn inventive ! Must have been some real ride or die type of members ! Lol

Ah, cheers Ozy. Dunno how I missed J Stone in my searches. I've subscribed now and will watch a couple after this post. And yes, hopefully I'll be on tonight to join in the fun and grind. Trouble is I've just finished fixing and setting up a laptop for a near-blind friend and he's on his way bearing drinks as payment. It's only 11:30am! And I still have a mild hangover from yesterdays rum...and me, a man of sobriety! 🧐
It seems a lot of my friends like to turn up with drink lately. There's a few who have long since ceased to game but have been blown away by RDO. And I've not really mentioned story mode yet!!! Their heads will fall off.
But that exploit, Chris. Looks all sorts of crazy, don't it! Shame we can't craft acid, it'd look like that scene from Indiana Jones.
Ouch!

• Haha 1